Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. malohnes

shifter bushings

Oh crap, I do that-drive with my hand on the shifter!!!!
  2. malohnes

A Tale of Two Explorers

I think the 4.6/5.4 v8's are too different to compare to the Expo v6's. The 4.0 sohc and ohv are also hard to compare because the differences are all in the head design and they're worlds different even though they share the same block and general Dimensions.
  3. malohnes

Nitrous 1994 Explorer

Yes! Same here. I used a hammer -screw driver as gently as I could. Replace with similar thread Allen bolt.
  4. malohnes

A Tale of Two Explorers

My sentiments mirror 2stroke and 92exp4x4 well. First gen issues are well documented and largely correctable with some elbow grease and tlc. If you've got access to a garage and can do some wrenching and/or fab work you'll enjoy it very well. The drive well, trail well and are reliable with...
  5. malohnes

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

True, I hear ya, but at least with our old trucks, we can work on them. These newer trucks are more complicated, needing more time and energy to r/r things. A plug job on our trucks is 30 minutes tops, on my girlfriends f150, for example, it's 2 hours or more. At least it's not just your daily...
  6. malohnes

94 Explorer 4.0 Eddie Bauer Bogs down uphill

Tps voltage is supposed to be .96 volts at idle to 4.8+(IIRC) at wot with smooth ramping up as it opened.
  7. malohnes

Stock vehicle specs

There's an old Motor Trend review on YouTube of an Explorer that made me laugh. Compared the Ex (Eddie Bauer edition) with a Cherokee, and Blazer and another rig I can't recall. Made me laugh as they did the slalom and 0-60 times...
  8. malohnes

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Ughhh! I hate when a simple job ain't so simple... Ha! I'm not so sure a new car is better wrenching on...
  9. malohnes

Angle's new shoes..

As long as you're happy with them that's all that matters. I think they look great. Ive heard great things from the Coopers and Generals so youve done well.
  10. malohnes

Nitrous 1994 Explorer

Cool, thx!!!
  11. malohnes

Nitrous 1994 Explorer

That's really nice, JD. I made a simple box from black sheet plastic and taped engine barrier material over it. Holds up fine. No idea if it's better or not but I'm with you on your thoughts on the subject. I prefer a dry element rather than K&N filter. I find the filter oil mucks up the MAS...
  12. malohnes

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

That GoPro idea sounds good. I couldn't definitively find my leaks running at idle. It was not evident at all until after driving a bit, especially at hi way speeds. I was able to mostly rule out front and rear mains for significant leaks, but they are seeping some.
  13. malohnes

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

I'll pull the tranny first, then lift the engine to replace the motor mounts and oil pan. Mucho easier that way I think I get what you're saying. I'll take pics and maybe start a thread on it. Right now, my pan is on the way and trying to find a better place to order the pump...shipping is...
  14. malohnes

Nitrous 1994 Explorer

JD, what's the belt number or the belt length for this set-up? Ive got the underdrive and overdrive ordered. I also agree to reset your tps voltage with the bbk tb, I had to tweak mine and it helped.
  15. malohnes

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

That could be very True... I've had issues with pvc before causing excessive oil leaks. I'm doing the SOHC oil pan swap and HV pump while I tear into the tranny and I'll know how much my main seal is leaking. Also can see just how bad my pan gaskets are.
  16. malohnes

Nitrous 1994 Explorer

eBay for the spacer. Morana listed them from time to time. Yes, the cams and heads would go very well together. Along with other mods, it'll give your truck some get up for sure.
  17. malohnes

Stock vehicle specs

Yeah, I thought so too. Your welcome.
  18. malohnes

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Ooh, sorry to hear that. Look for the oil pan gasket as a culprit too.
  19. malohnes

Nitrous 1994 Explorer

You can do the TB mod to the BBK as well for smoother flow. I don't have picks of my intake, but I did gasket matching and a bit of smoothin and it was very easy to do on the aluminum intake. I also have 1/2 phenloic spacer between the lower intake and upper plenum. I can say it made any more...
  20. malohnes

91 Explorer Brake Lines

Great way to handle that problem!
  21. malohnes

What is the "Best" Cooling setup for first Gens?

Great to hear! Shouldn't have to mess with it for a long while now.
  22. malohnes

What is the "Best" Cooling setup for first Gens?

I have a single 16" Derale brand pusher e-fan that pulls 25amps. Shouldn't need such high amperages to pull air especially, twin small fans vs single large fan. Granted I'm using cheap brass temp probe in the rad fins rather than a proper unit, but the point is heavy duty doesn't have to be so...
  23. malohnes

loose tweeter 2013 explorer

Hot glue sometimes works otherwise you can try Shoegoo or e6000 adhesive.
Back