Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Rancho QuickLift with MyRide Controller ordered!

yea im getting the remote system... so why did you sell it? i have a bad back and want to smooth out the ride on long trips so i thought this would help aswell as i tow with mine....
  2. S

Rancho QuickLift with MyRide Controller ordered!

just ordered the lift kit aswell i bought the myride with it from JcWhitney for $919 after a coupon code saving me $156... i was hopeing someone that has the kit is still active on the site to give me some pointers on install... also i cant seem to find a location for the air compressor since it...
  3. S

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Alright ill join the party and share my info... i just did my 2006 Limited 4.0 4x4 last night (front left) had no play in the wheel when lifted but it "churped" and i had a vibration on teh highway that would come and go... anyway teh most helpful tool was teh craftsman 13mm/15mm offset wrench...
  4. S

fan roar even when cold

Coolants good
  5. S

fan roar even when cold

Ok so ima keep this short since im on my cell phone... I have a 2006 limited 4.0L no tow package... The fan is always kicking on after 10-20min of driving for just a few minuted but never comes on otherwise... Even when we hit 18 degrees out it would kick on... Any thoughts on this??? Its...
  6. S

fan always on

It seems everytime i drive my X around neighborhoods or under 35 after a few minutes the fan kicks on but i never get a temp rise on the dash gauge... I am not sure if this is normal or not... Also have no leaks and good coolant.... (Trying to type on my phone, sorry for the grammer)
  7. S

Real CAI and cheap

So i came across this while hanging out with a friend ( beer was involved aswell). I had an intake for my old 1988 mustang 5.0... Well looking at it and looking at my factory intake on the 06 V6 if you flip the intake over it fits perfect behind the MAF and on the throttle body... Im working on...
  8. S

2nd to 3rd "jerk"

same here also when turning at around 15mph and i let off and get back into the gas it bumps back into gear... BUT i think ive decided to just get it repaired for the price i got hte truck $2,000 aint bad to spend to PERMINANTLY fix this issue
  9. S

2nd to 3rd "jerk"

Lol your awesome man!!!! Ima leave it alone its not to bad just anoying... And aslong as i know it aint destroying itself im okay with the jolt... Now if only ford could ever make a good set of brakes lol
  10. S

2nd to 3rd "jerk"

Actually kinda does it warm aswell... Its not all the time neither... Could a fluid flush and filter help??
  11. S

2nd to 3rd "jerk"

no 1 1/4" hitch....
  12. S

2nd to 3rd "jerk"

See mines opposite... Only does it under light throttle but not under normal or hard throttle
  13. S

HELP!! 2010 Ford Explorer Seat Issues

it really depends on the seats that are in the vehicle... i have a 2006 limited with leather and heat so i have found a perfect position and find this to be one of the most comfortable vehicles I've ever owned... ALSO i have a fractured back from the army so its really hard to get a car i can...
  14. S

Wheel covers

so on my 2006 i have the 18" factory chrome wheels... well they are pretty trashed from the previous owner and i want to replace but all i can find is the whole wheel assembly, i asked a ford tech here and they stated that the wheel cover is bonded to the wheel so i can't just replace the...
  15. S

Fall Wheeling. . .? ? ?

Yea i realized that after i posted... It kinda sucks i think im the only one in this area... Wish there was a good middle spot people liked going to
  16. S

Fall Wheeling. . .? ? ?

Hey is there anything going on soon cuz theres some awesome trails outside wallula, wa by the paperplant...
  17. S

2nd to 3rd "jerk"

so i just bought my 3rd explorer and i absolutely love my new truck its a 2006 Ford Explorer 4.0L 4x4 Limited... heres the deal though, every shift is amazingly smooth but the one from 2nd to 3rd, even at that with more then 1/3 throttle it smooth (i drive with a very light pedal) but with very...
  18. S

Pasco, Wa

anyone around the pasco Wa area??? i just got my 96 running and wanted to hit trails but dont know anyone out here and since its stock i dont wannna roll alone
  19. S

302 swap or 4BT swap???

i know rangers have done the 4bt swap with great success so i figure it would be no diffrent in the explorer.... ALSO i wanna run an eaton 9speed.... agian i can get one really cheap
  20. S

p0761 Never before seen or found issue

im going to tomorrow... just dont know which is solinoid C... but why is there no OD light flash i know the light works
  21. S

p0761 Never before seen or found issue

ok so i have a P0761 which is the C solinoid issue... heres the rare part, i got a CEL but never has the OD flashed... no 4th like usual... also no converter lockup... at 70mph i can let off the gas and itll return to idle and at about 3200rpm itll start acclerating agian... that is the only...
  22. S

NEED HELP ASAP got a new P0761 never before seen issue

ok so i have a P0761 which is the C solinoid issue... heres the rare part, i got a CEL but never has the OD flashed... no 4th like usual... also no converter lockup... it 70mph i can let off the gas and itll return to idle... that is the only code i have... also it has a production date of 12/95...
  23. S

302 swap or 4BT swap???

so my 4.0 is getting tired... i got a nicely build 302 in my 88 mustang but the car is pissing me off lol... SO im wondering if i should do the Cummins 4BT swap or my 302.... i can get the 4BT pretty cheap from work (i work for Peterbilt) heres some pics of the 302 i built
  24. S

Starting a 4.0L SOHC without Transmission.

it will be fine if you run a support on the bellhousing... as far a wiring goes aslong as it gets a signal from the crank sensor, and cam sensor it should run (to run well you need the MAF sensor and IAC) personally i would just do a compression (dry and wet) and a cylinder leakdown test, if it...
  25. S

No O/D

howdy yall its been a while since ive been here... well i sold my 02 explorer a while ago (for a 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX) BUT had an opertunity to buy a 96 explorer for $200, well when i bought it the 4wd didnt work nor did the power windows or interior lights... believe this or not a FUSE fixed...
Back