Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Annual Truck Haven California Run 2006 Feb 4-5 2006

We were out there this weekend with the CORVA Poker Run. I can honestly say that was some of the best four wheeling I have done yet. Don't worry if you have a stock vehicle, there are enough places for all levels of vehicles and drivers. Several of the hill climbs were deep soft sand that...
  2. D

Bolt-on Muffler/Exhaust/Cat-back or Muffler Shop

I put the Delta Force II cat-back from Summit on my truck last year and am very pleased with the performance that was gained. (Better accelleration and sound to boot) Highly recommended.
  3. D

i think I've fallen for Land Rover..

A twenty-five year constraint on importing vehicles from overseas that don't meet US spec. After that age they are less strict on meeting DOT standards. (i.e bumpers/seats structure etc.) The first One Tens came out in 1984. (Ninety's a bit later)
  4. D

i think I've fallen for Land Rover..

I'd say the spares are fairly plentiful. There are several clubs and shops around the country that cater to them. However if you don't mind mail order, the UK has a plethora of sources for new/used parts. Here's a pic of my Series 3. (I'd wanted a 110 but still have to wait 5 years before...
  5. D

Flowmaster

I installed mine last year. I have a four door and still had to cut about 4 inches off of the front pipe. The muffler was sitting too far back on the pipe to fit in the hanger. I can email an image if you want.
  6. D

shackles???

If you plan on ordering from 4WP, you might want to do it real quick. I ordered a set last week that shipped yesterday. They were on backorder until they received 15 sets the other day. ($57 shipped)
  7. D

where did you get your coil spacers?

The coil spacer part numbers and some images can be found on the following web site: http://www.therangerstation.com/factoryspacer.htm TRS has a lot of other good info as well. Cheers
  8. D

Air Conditioning howling noise

It sounds like the a/c compressor may be venting. On the back of the compressor is a check valve, it releases the refrigerant so you may see some residue (bright green) on some of the hoses. I believe a little bit is okay. I have heard it a couple times on mine after I drive on long...
  9. D

how hard to install exhaust myself?

The Flowmaster install I did on my truck only took a couple of hours. (I had access to a lift) I had to cut out the old pipe and disconnect the rear passenger shock absorber to get the tailpipe in. The piece that bolts up to your cat will need to be trimmed. Take off about 4-5 inches...
  10. D

Land Rover G4 Challenge

For the Land Rover Fans. The Land Rover G4 Challenge is gearing up and selecting competitors to participate in this world wide event. 16 teams from around the world will be competing in different events. The challengers will be driving in different parts of the world in four types of Land...
  11. D

Land Rover Discovery?

Having compared my truck to many disco's, I find that they are lacking in passenger room. Their wheelbase is only 100". (take a 2dr sport and wedge 2 small doors in the back, and this is what you get) You might consider some other four door vehicle to help with your child seat. IMO Land Rovers...
  12. D

Flowmaster

I recently installed the Flowmaster kit from Summit. It was a simple install. (pay attention to the instructions there may be some cutting involved) It has a mellow sound, not too loud. Along with a noticeable power increase. I haven't tried any mileage checks. My engine rpm's used to be at...
  13. D

Recommended Coil Springs

I am waiting on the coil springs for my Superlift 5.5in lift kit to arrive. I have everything else! If I wanted to get a different set: Which brand would offer the most flex/stuff and best ride? (I have #133's coming) Should I wait until they arrive, or is there a better set out there...
  14. D

Had some fun today.

Just got a web page up. Here's a few pics. http://members.cardomain.com/dave93ltd My small groundings were nothing compared to my buddies' waterlogged truck. We couldn't get it started and had to have it towed (dragged?) out of the park. He was able to get it running again later...
  15. D

RETREAD TIRES?!

They offer some retreads over here. I've been waiting to get my lift kit on before I bought a set. Check out http://www.bronco4x4.co.uk Listed under sport tires. I am considering the Grizzly's (33x12.50-15), they also sell other brands (BF Goodrich, Goodyear Wrangler) but they are way more...
  16. D

Newbie from the UK

WELCOME This site is an excellent resource. Do you have any plans for your X? I hate waiting for parts to come in the mail.:mad:
  17. D

Axle tubes leaking at Diff

I had mine on a lift the other day and noticed a similar leak. (right side tube on top) Been to hell and back cross country, but only offroad twice on dirt/gravel.
  18. D

fuel gauge trouble

Mine stopped working also. (150,000+ mi) Ater not driving it for a couple of weeks I went out one day and it was stuck on E. I tried driving it to empty the fuel tank and then filled it up but it hasn't moved. Also, my voltage gauge is acting funny. When I start the engine it is pegged...
  19. D

Another one with the bug

Greetings, Okay, the Defender is probably a more capable off-road vehicle. (that's why I was wanting one instead of a series type rover) There are a few differences between the LR and the Explorer and that's why I prefer the X. We can get into these later... (I do enjoy my power...
  20. D

Another one with the bug

Some of the used ones I saw online ranged from 3 to 5 thousand pounds sterling. ($4500-$7500) I think they make great off road vehicles, but having seen them up close I prefer my Explorer with wide bucket seats and air conditioning. I'm sure that with a lift kit, gears and tires they would...
  21. D

Another one with the bug

I've been surfing this website for a few months now and have finally decided to join. My explorations will begin soon (hopefully) when my 5.5inch Superlift gets here. Here in the UK, the 4X4 of choice here is the Land Rover. I had initially planned on buying a Defender 110, but decided...
Back