Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

#41 fuse blows again and again. XLT 2002

Glad the thread helps you. Cheers
  2. A

How to: How To: Install Signal Mirrors On 3rd Gen Ex

Sure, the puddle lamp has a different circuit. In my case, I run wires directly from each front turn light and the mirror works like a charm. Is easy to run the wires trough the fender and then trough the rubber thing that cover the pack of wires that goes to each door. In my experience is...
  3. A

How to: Cold air in glove box -OR- No air flow from vents on Max AC - Here's a workaround

Nice stuff here, really! I have a different issue in my 2002 Explorer manual A/C controls. The air flow is stuck in the defrost vents, so I don't get any air through the front and floor vents. Any ideas of what is wrong with my Ex.? Thanks to all. Andy:thumbsup:
  4. A

Hard start in hot climate EX 2002 4.0

Hello fellow Explorer enthusiasts. For a couple a months now I have been experience difficult starting with my EX. It has 135k miles. The issue appears when the climate is hot (almost always here where I live).I have to crank the engine three times to get it started. Each crank lasts a couple...
  5. A

Rear hatch glass hinges

Hi everyone: The hinges of my Explorer 2002 back glass have been broken twice. This piss me off a lot and I decide to stop this annoying thing forever. So I go to a lathe technician and the guy custom made ​​for me two carriage bolts, with the appropiated diameter and lengh . Then I remove...
  6. A

How to: How To: Install Signal Mirrors On 3rd Gen Ex

I just finish to install new signal mirrors in my 2002 Explorer. I got mine from Hillbank also. Great service and price. Easy job (three hours at gentle pace) thanks to your excellent instructions. They work like a charm. Now my Explorer has all the exterior lightning in LED, (corner, tail...
  7. A

Possible computer problem? Ignition? Injection?

Looks like a timing issue. Set the timing of the Explorers is not an easy task, even with the proper tools and knowledge. Seek for professional help is the best way. No dealers, just an experienced mechanic. Good luck.:thumbsup:
  8. A

This doesn't sound good :(

Not cheap, that's for sure. I have to repair mine (broken at highway speed, so I got a few valves damaged), and bottom-line was $1.300 or so. Such failure it's a real pain in the *** Hope in your case it will not turn out so bad. Good luck:thumbsup:
  9. A

Weird engine noise.

Hi fellows Few days ago I was driving my 2002 Explorer XLT Flexfuel 4wd and I revv the engine to pass another vehicle. The Ex response was good, as usual, but when I park in my home's driveway I was aware of a strange noise coming from the engine. It was like a soft "clunk, clunk, clunk" which...
  10. A

Thank a lot dogfriend. I check the O2 sensors and in the number two the harness go free from its holdpoint and touch the exhaust pipe, so it melt and make a short to groud. I repair the whole thing and secure the harness away from the exhaust system, so everything is just fine now. Your...
  11. A

Hi guys The other day I was driving my 2002 XLT 4x4 4.0 back to home when suddenly the engine drop dead at all. Tracing the problem in the distribution box I found the #41 fuse blown. I replaced it, but the thing blown again when I attemp to start the truck. The manual states the #41 fuse...
  12. A

New Explorer Concept revealed

Ford definitely has killed the essence of the Explorer. Is just a Taurus with steroids. The real Explorer is dead. Short life to the new Explorer!
  13. A

Harness for change 02 XLT Explorer premium HU to aftermarket HU

Thanks for the advice, guys. I already bought the Metra 70-1771 harness in eBay. I'm just waiting the mail to get the harness and install my new radio. All the best.
  14. A

Harness for change 02 XLT Explorer premium HU to aftermarket HU

Hi fellow Explorer Enthusiasts: I own a 2002 XLT 4 Door 4x4 Explorer which comes with the premium sound system, I mean, the HU with cassette an one CD. (not the Audiophile or Mach systems) As far I know, this radio has no external amplifier, but in the rear of the unit there are two harnesses...
  15. A

incandescent bulb replacement by LEDs

Hello Explorer Enthusiasts! I'm thinking about replacing the original incandescent 3157 bulbs used for turn/brake light in my 2002 Explorer by a SMD LEDs, but I'm afraid that because the low consumption of the led bulbs the electronic flasher don't work properly. Any ideas about this? Thanks...
  16. A

Solved TSB 05-12-6 2002 Explorer Rear End Whine

Hello everyone: I have the infamous whine too. My 2002 Explorer XLt 4x4 has 108.000 miles and the humming sound only occurs when is in acceleration and comes on abot 40 mph and goes off over 75mph. After a quick search in the web I found this information...
  17. A

Firmware update?

Thanks Infinity08: Well, along with the basics (a good sound radio and CD MP3 and WMA capable) maybe a iPod connection and Bluetooth could be desirable for me. As you can see, is not much that I'm asking for. Thanks again Andy
  18. A

Firmware update?

Thanks for the information guys, I have to get a new radio. Any suggestions? Thanks again Andy:(
  19. A

Firmware update?

Hello everyone! I have an Explorer XLT 2002 with the factory installed Premium AM/FM stereo/cassette/sigle CD unit. The CD doesn't read MP3 nor WMA files, just play regular CD's. Is there any way to update the CD capacity and make it able to play MP3 or WMA files? Maybe there's a firmware...
  20. A

Friction modifier additive in a non slip diff?

Thanks for the advice, Michael. Happy Holidays
  21. A

Friction modifier additive in a non slip diff?

Hello everyone: I have the (in) famous whine sound (annoying but not so bad) in the rear pumpkin of my Explorer 2002 XLT 4X4 4.0 L. I read somewhere (I didn't recall where) that adding the friction modifier additive intended for the limited slip differentials to a non limited slip...
  22. A

Chilen@s y Peruan@s, where are you?

Hola Donner: Muchas gracias por la preocupacion. Aqui en Arica no paso mucho mas que el natural susto por un temblor grado 6,7 pero en Tocopilla, mas al sur, si se sintio muy fuerte, 7,5 y la mitad de la ciudad se cayó. Creo que murieron cuatro personas, muy lamentable. Mucho peor fue el...
  23. A

Would like opinions on 2002 explorer

Hello EasyRhino: Well, I'm chilean, so I live here. There's no recall from Ford for the whine sound problem, but they issued a TBS that you can found in this link: http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/fulltext/show_article.php?tsb=05-23-3 However, I read in some threads that perform the STB...
  24. A

Would like opinions on 2002 explorer

Hello EasyRhino: I am very concerned because the announcement of a "catastrophic failure" of the differential with the whine sound that you states. My Explorer 2002 has the annoying whine and the dealer was unable to solve the problem. Could you elaborate more about this issue please? Anyone...
  25. A

HID problems

Hello Guys. Sorry for post in spanish, but I was responding the Donner's question about the earthquake in Chile. By the way, the Sams01XplrSprt's translation is pretty accurate, except the first sentence: "Por aca todo bien" means "Everything is fine here". Thanks Sams01XplrSprt, your spanish...
Back