Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Does anyone have this body kit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36475&item=2448321084 Has anyone seen this kit? Does anyone have it here? if so, got pics? Kevin
  2. K

Anyone know any bodywork info sites?

Not for my X, but I just picked up a 1948 Dodge D24. It needs some rust repair and would like to try and fix myself but have no exerience with bodywork. Some rust on the floorpan, rockers and a little on the edge of the fender. Would I have to replace the whole fender because its just a...
  3. K

VairKing's New System for the '97...Professional Style

Looks very nice and clean it matches very well with the interior too very:cool:
  4. K

amp and subs install (hopefully)

I just posted some info that might be helpful in your other thread Kevex
  5. K

99 explorer xls

Is there a wiring diagram on the hu itself, or do you have the paperwork for it? When you removed the system from the Grand Am, did you remove the wiring for the amp, the speaker wire. If so make sure that the power wire is long enough to fit in the X, from where you want the amp to the...
  6. K

12 disc location?

buy a little container and stuff your "nessities" under the rear seat
  7. K

2 ohm or 4 ohm???????

Like Mohog stated its all preference as far as subs go. You got so many too choose from RF, JL, Kicker, RE, Infinity, Audiobahn, just to name a few good ones, I'm sure there are others. Decide which size you want first. I think with 10s, you will get better SQ and with 12's more SPL. I have...
  8. K

Pioneer Multi-CD Issue

Thats all I did to install my CDX-P1270 to my 740mp
  9. K

2 ohm or 4 ohm???????

Its does somewhat matter what ohm sub(s0 you get depending on your amp specs. You said you picked up 2 RF 700 amps, are they both just being used for the subs?, if so how many subs? you will want to match the subs with the amp to get the most power from the amp Are the amps the 700S model...
  10. K

OK then Let's try SMOOTH door panels :)

looks good, like it better than b4, also like the emblem idea
  11. K

What do dry car with? NO SWIRLS!!!

I also use the absorber and sheet the water off when I rinse, works great for me
  12. K

my new system! i'm excited to set it up

Will the box be a common enclosure for the 8's and the 15?. If so I would suggest to separate the sections for each subwoofer if you are not already doing this
  13. K

Need System

I have 2 12" kicker comp vr ($175shipped), and a RF300s($150shipped) they sound great hooked up to this relatively small power amp. I would recommend a Rockford amp
  14. K

check out this tutorial on fiberglassing

Just some info I was looking at and thought it was pretty good and nicely detailed and it would help others out. Enjoy! http://chris.pfharlock.com/glass/index.htm
  15. K

my system

Definitely clean up the wires, but besides that it, it looks good. Nice work!
  16. K

Where is your changer mounted?

Mine also fit in the center console
  17. K

Question about FM Modulators

its only going to be for now and then so I don't think the sound will bother you all that much if its not audiophile quality, I have a rf modulator and don't hear any problems, I am not sure about the wireless ones though
  18. K

more electric help

Shouldn't be a problem, just don't play the stereo too much with the car off (drain the battery). You might notice dimming of the lights when your pumping it and the bass hits, If your worried, I think you can get a charging system test from local repair shops.
  19. K

New HU, Changer, Amp etc.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=247889&page=6 Let me know what you think! I think it should work, if not can someone tell me how to post a link or the pics, thanks,
  20. K

Diagnosing a stereo problem.....need help

You stated when one of the rca's are unplugged the subs get louder, Do both subs? shoul one sub not work since you unplugged the one rca connection? I had problems with my line level converter and had to pull one rca halfway out in order for it to sound better and it was hooked up correctly.
  21. K

Got my windows tinted!

Do the front windows look good with the rest of the factory tint? Or can you tell they're different? I want to get mine done to but not sure if they are going to match. I guess the tint shop would be able to tell me though
  22. K

custom ford emblems...?

I'm not sure where to buy any but I think some people might have taken theirs apart and scraped out the blue painted the color of their choice and put it back together so it is chrome lettering and the color they wanted
  23. K

CD Change in Center Console

I would think most changers would fit it the center console. I recently put a pioneer 12 disc in and it fit fine.
  24. K

Pics of Custom box and DVD player.

Looks nice, I also like the angles for the top
Back