Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

94' Wheels for 31's

I am going ot put some new 31x10.5x15 (Kelly Safari TSR) on my 94 2dr 4x4. One of the previous owners had changed the wheels on the Ex and filed the aluminum bor out ont he front wheel so they fit over the locking hubs. But not the rear.. so you can't rotate your wheels. So.. I want to...
  2. C

NAPN Head Castings

Thanks for the reply. Next question... I've read a bit about putting the 95TM on the 1st gen with higher compression (and higher octane fuel req'd). First question is are these napa heads suitable for doing this (The 6090ad)? Second question what is the real outcome of doing this? What...
  3. C

NAPN Head Castings

Alright I was going to order the new heads from NAPA since I can get them for $400 new. It's a 94' explorer, but they have two options. I've only heard of the kidney shaped for it, is the 'heart shaped' equivilent of the 95tm? I can't find any info on the 6090AD Casting. Anyone have some...
  4. C

Gas gauge moves up and down

Strange thing started happening. The gas gauge will go from full (where it should be) and drops down to just over the half way mark, then slowly work its way back up to where it should be. Earlier before I refilled it was sitting around a quarter full, but moving from E to half. Any ideas?
  5. C

engine knocks when under load

I had replaced the sparkplugs in and messed up the gap on two, and it casued this... Once I fixed the gap it went away.
  6. C

Oil leaking from head gaskets + valve cover

Thanks for the info! Here's the thing, I never saw any oil dripping under it until I recently moved and now have a parking spot that's on a steep uphill slant. So what's happening is the oil is pooling and dripping off from a point at the rear. it can sit all day running or not and leave no...
  7. C

Oil leaking from head gaskets + valve cover

So, I was able to have the shop tell me where the oil is leaking from. (in for ongoing clutch issues/warranty on their work hopefully) They said the rigth valve cover, and both head gaskets. My question is, with the head gaskets leaking oil slightly, how soon do I HAVE to replace them? I'd...
  8. C

Cold morning, clutch needs to be pumped??

fluid was low, topped it up and working properly now. I will still take it in to the shop tomorrow to see if there's something that they'll take responsibility for(only ~900km left on the warranty for parts/labour, I know.. good luck). I couldn't see drippings/puddles underneath, and nothing...
  9. C

Cold morning, clutch needs to be pumped??

Ok, it's -29c outside this morning (-35c or something w/wind). Started it up, let it sit for a few mins to hopefully warm up a bit (plugged in all night). Everything seems fine until I put it in reverse and back it out. I notice the clutch pedal is loose/no pressure for 90% of the stroke...
  10. C

Block Heater cord

No, the female end that goes to the actual heater/freeze plug part. I found it after some maneuvering around. A pain to push in, even after pulling the air intake out of the way. All is good now, and I should be a little easier in the morning. (-22c this morning when I left for work)
  11. C

Block Heater cord

I recently notice that my block heater cord isn't actually hooked up to anything! it runs in the front grill, and under the hood, and it's end is hanging in there doing nothing. Where does this end actually plug in to? i.e. where is the block heater located on the 94's? Thanks
  12. C

Explorers should come with a tool set....

But isn't it fun being able to go to the scrap yards and have a choice of 10+ vehicles to pull the one part you need from? (Or taking one apart there before messing yours up if you're not 100% sure what you're getting yourself in to.)
  13. C

Heater just stopped working?

Ok, so the heater has been pumping out lots of heat for a couple of months now since I bought the vehicle. This morning, started it up drove 20km to work with practically no heat coming out at all! It made for a cold morning since it was -9c out when I left this morning! Any ideas where to...
Back