Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Just picked up some Western Wheels "cyclone" or "turbines"

I didn't like the rims when they were in the top picture but seeing them on the mounty, they look really good.
  2. K

Need some AC Help

I haven't actually put any of the stuff in, just used the gauge from one I've had for a while. It is a lack of pressure though, I jumpered the low pressure switch with the gauge on and it dropped all the way down. So basically when the compressor starts up, the pressure drops too low and the...
  3. K

Need some AC Help

Blend door is definitely not the issue. Have no problems with getting heat or cool air, just no AC air.
  4. K

Need some AC Help

Basically yeah the one on the can
  5. K

Need some AC Help

Having a bit of problem with my AC. It worked excellent back in the summer but now it's not putting out any cold air and when on Max AC, the compressor cycles on and off every 5 seconds or so. I've checked the pressure on the low side with an idiot gauge(colors that show undercharged, properly...
  6. K

List of Useful Threads Complete 2nd Gen A/C Troubleshooting Thread

Having a bit of problem with my AC. It worked excellent back in the summer but now it's not putting out any cold air and the when on Max AC, the compressor cycles on and off every 5 seconds or so. I've checked the pressure on the low side with an idiot gauge(colors that show undercharged...
  7. K

Lower Ball Joint Replacement How To (lots of Pictures)

Thank you very much for the write up, was able to do my LBJ's, UCA's and shocks with the help of this write up. One thing though, After removing the castle nut from the LBJ and popping the UCA off, had a hell of a time getting the knuckle to come off the bottom and ended up having to get a ball...
  8. K

Crazy boat

Wow
  9. K

How To: Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint Replacement (Lots of Pictures)

Looks like I'll be replacing mine this weekend, My UCA's came in today along with my shocks, lower ball joins, plugs, and DPFE sensor. Tomorrow my rear shocks and the caster/camber kits are supposed to be delivered. Got the raybestos professional grade ball joints and control arms.
  10. K

Low oil temp - check gauge light on - cold temps only

It's buried in there, easiest way to it is through the drivers wheel well. Look past the left hand side of the upper control arm and you should see a single wire connected. Depending on how large your hands are you may be able to get to the connection through the wheel well. I have to go...
  11. K

Won't start when engine warm.. HELP!!!

Here's some examples of similar problems Here's a search
  12. K

oil pressure gauge

Use the search up at the top of the page. i.e. type in "oil pressure gauge" and it will return a bunch of links you can look through
  13. K

Disabling Automatic Door Locks 1998 XLT

Dead Link Removed and put in the info for your vehicle and the information is in the user manual
  14. K

My 99 XLT with a 5.0L has an ABS light.

Take it down to somewhere like Autozone, they will typically read the trouble codes for free.
  15. K

Condensation inside the spark plug holes

Are there any AC lines near the spark plug holes that could be dripping condensation? You shouldn't be getting any kind of condensation on the engine from anything except the AC lines as they are the only thing right now that will be cold enough to cause condensation.
  16. K

'99 XLT Cruise control problem

This link has a diagnostic you can run: Cruise Control Test
  17. K

MAFsensor trouble?

Have you tried cleaning the MAF?
  18. K

My Build Thread - $39 Body Lift, Custom Bumper, Repair...

Looking great, wish I had the welding skills to do up a front bumper like that.
  19. K

Explorer Sports and Child seats

My daughter no longer needs a car seat but when she did, we used the middle lap belt to secure the bottom of the car seat and the rear tether, we hooked up to the middle of a strap with hooks on both ends that attached to left and right tie down hooks/anchors in the cargo area. Once it was...
  20. K

Lazy shifting

Just to clarify, are you saying that if you floor it, it takes a couple seconds to kick down to a lower gear for more power?
  21. K

Gas tank problem. The pump at the gas station cuts out.

Wow, never knew it was illegal anywhere to pump your own gas. Seems NJ and OR are the only two states like that.
  22. K

Cruise control not working

repeat your last test but have someone inside depress the brake pedal, circuit should open.
  23. K

EGR & idle problems.

I don't know on the sports but I know on my V8 it was the DPFE sensor that was causing the p0401.
  24. K

Changed the fuel filter on my 5.0 Mountaineer

If you're right and it had never been changed, then the stuff coming out the inlet side is going to include a lot of the crap that the filter has filtered out over 214K miles and is going to look pretty nasty. I had the same experience with mine at 188K. Cut it apart and the inside was solid...
Back