Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Washer Nozzle Lights

Leave that crap for the Honda boys.
  2. M

What to use to clean MAS and IAC

I would use an electrical cleaner(from Radio Hack) to clean the MAF and IAC. I'm pretty sure Carb cleaner leaves a light residue.
  3. M

kenne bell?

Supposedly the 95 Mustang Kennebell with the GT40 lower option is the best matched setup for the explorer. You would probably need to figure a way to mount your coil packs but that shouldn't be too difficult.
  4. M

Where is my IAT sensor?????

Chips basically 'lie' to the computer as well. A resistor only costs $1.50 and can easily be removed if one doesn't like the results. Yes the DOHC Cobra has a knock sensor but it doesn't work quite as well as you think.
  5. M

Where is my IAT sensor?????

Try a 100k resistor. This should register about 20F outside temp and should theoretically increase timing and fuel to compensate. I did this on a 98 Cobra I use to own and noticed about a 1 mph increase in the 1/4. What I did was take a .5 watt(I think) 100k resistor and put prong...
  6. M

Dual exhaust system for 97 5.0

tmsoko, Did you notice any loss or gain in performance with a 3" exhaust?
  7. M

is there a cure for the early explorer shakes?

Have you tried tightening all the bolts on your suspension with the suspension unloaded?
  8. M

No manual - need help with keyless codes

Does anyone know where to find the code for a 1999? I know there's suppose to be a box in the jack area but when I looked there wasn't a sticker on top of any box(there's a black one and a white one) that had a code on top. Is the black box the one that controls the keyless entry?
  9. M

Borla exhaust for $275 is it worth it?

How do you like the Gibson exhaust?
  10. M

What grade octane do you out in your X?

Manual says about 9.1:1 compression on my 99. 8:1 sounds awfully low unless you're pushing 15-20lbs. I could be wrong though. :D
Back