Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Front Wheel Bearings

Get this knocked out ASAP! If your bearings blow out while you're driving, your wheel will make a hasty exit from the rest of your vehicle and the aftermath is not pretty...or cheap. Don't ask me how I know.
  2. S

33" tires on 2" puck lift

I think this is to keep the front suspension from unloading since your weight bias is in the rear on a normal hill climb. With no weight over the front, you lose traction and force your rear tires to push you up the hill, instead of having the front tires pull as well. The lower 40 is way...
  3. S

That sucks, I hope you're ok and the truck survived the ordeal. However we aren't talking about burnouts or donuts here, we're talking about wheeling. Check this video. It was filmed on the 4WOR Ultimate Adventure last year. This TJ is sporting stock springs with 40" tires and heavily...
  4. S

I don't live in Virginia so that doesn't apply to me, or the OP. I disagree...think about it this way: how many stock rigs do you see rolled over? And now how many lifted rigs do you see rolled over? A lower COG increases stability in off-camber situations. I'm not trying to step on...
  5. S

This is my truck stuffing the lf tire into the wheel well. This is after I trimmed my fenders for the first time. I did a slight trim job to the rear opening, as that is where you run into problems trying to fit larger tires. I trimmed enough the first time to fully flex the front end lock to...
  6. S

4" Cherokee springs?

I believe that the RBV community has come to the conclusion that XJ springs are too soft for a 4 door explorer. Just repeating what I have read on this forum and also on TRS, so do your own research to confirm all this. BIIs and single cab short bed rangers with the smaller engines are much...
  7. S

Roll up windows install or not

No i didnt but it really is as simple as I described it. Once you get the door panel and plastic off the inside of the door you will see everything I am talking about.
  8. S

I disagree; my fenders still look great even after i have trimmed them all the way around. I used the cut and fold technique that you see on XJs and it worked really well for me. I have retained the factory curve of the wheel well (for the most part) and I have maximum clearance for larger...
  9. S

Roll up windows install or not

i actually just did this swap last week. I had power doors, found a set of manuals at the junkyard. the swap is easy. you have to punch/drill out the rivets for the power window regulator to get it out of the door, then do the same for the manual doors. Don't forget the two rivets attaching...
  10. S

it can be done. the front fenders will have to be trimmed a good bit though if you don't want any rubbing. you will rub on the stock radius arms with 12.5s but not enough to cause any problems.
  11. S

She needs a name.

Ass Dragger
  12. S

$70 Lift, yea and it works.

Just wondering if I'm looking at two beam pivot brackets welded together?
  13. S

My 6 week transformation of my ST

dope. nice cruiser.
  14. S

Rockwells

hmmmm we will see about that once this is all done :popcorn: what kind of terrain is this Ex going to be playing in?
  15. S

New Navajo Truggy build

First off, let me say that I can appreciate all the hard work you have into this build...but I don't understand the need for all the tubing in the rear. You are very obviously a skilled fabricator but it seems to me that you incorporated an excessive amount of tube work just because you had...
  16. S

2-2.5" lift.. how should I go about it?

I am running 2" skyjacker springs and cheap lift shackles in the rear. 33x12.5s with liberal trimming. My truck has done very well offroad so far. the front and rear flex (sans swaybars) is enough for me at the moment. As for the rear springs, you could look into the 63" chevy swap...
  17. S

BTF's cut and turn beam exchange

I know 410Fortune used a drop bracket/cut and turn lift combination in his BII, but he hasn't been active on the forums in some time. :scratch:
  18. S

Budget Beater Support Requested

I agree with Turdle. Call me crazy but that sounds an awful lot like stealing...and the hockey puck thing has been gone over and over since the dawn of wheeling. It's unsafe ghetto lift at its worst. A body lift is not a bad idea but hockey pucks are not the right way to do it. If you want...
  19. S

Front end conversion question???

My vote is buy a 2nd gen. There's no sense trying to swap the TTB for IFS when you can just buy a complete 2nd gen truck instead.
  20. S

Post yer 94 pictures

they work really well. My first ride with them was at Callalantee this past spring. It had snowed the night before and so the trails were pretty sloppy. The tires self cleaned very well and never got packed with mud. They also performed flawlessly at URE this summer and I got through some...
  21. S

Post yer 94 pictures

you will like those MTZs, I have them in 33x12.5 and have been very happy with them on the few trails I've gotten to use them on.
  22. S

Completed Project jamest's "RE-SAS"

Awesome build. My favorite sport on this site by far. kudos!
  23. S

I want more HORSES.

Yes. the MAFs from the 4.0 and 5.0 are interchangeable. The 5.0 MAF is a larger diameter though.
  24. S

I want more HORSES.

My truck has a plain old cone filter, 5.0 MAF from a junkyard truck and a Dynomax super turbo muffler dumped right before the rear axle. The dynomax super turbo is pretty affordable if I remember correctly. I love the sound of my truck and it has a little more GO than it did stock. In terms...
Back