Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Just bought a 2022 Timberline

My local dealer has about 6 of them. One black, one white, one grey, and either 3 or 4 in the Forged Green. And to the OP, congrats! I have a Stone Blue somewhere riding on a train or truck. Should be any day now.
  2. J

4Dtech Bambi Mode Eliminator CanOpener

"CanOpener" is a product name of some of 4Dtech's products. They also refer to them as "canflash" or "flash" programmers.
  3. J

4Dtech Bambi Mode Eliminator CanOpener

Hello everyone... Waiting for my 2022 Stone Blue Timberline to arrive at the dealer! Question: Does anyone have experience using the 4Dtech Bambi Mode Eliminator CanOpener? I've used their horn honk eliminator on my 2019 which is getting traded in and that was worth every cent! So for the one...
  4. J

Information Screens Go Blank

Thank you! I will try this! Yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Your description of the issue is better than mine. I have had it happen both during navigation and non-navigation.
  5. J

Information Screens Go Blank

Dashboard Cluster Display Screen(s) Blackout Hi everyone, My 2014 Sport will on occasion (like once every 2 weeks) suddenly go black while driving. After about 10 seconds it comes back on in the same fashion it does at start-up, as if it re-booted. Anyone else with this problem or a fix...
  6. J

Dealer giving me a hard time about the r/h door panel issues we are experiencing ....

How's the door shut? If the door shuts properly I'd only let them mess with the interior panel.
  7. J

Finally!!! My 2013 Ford Explorer "BLACK EDITION"!!!

That's a nice cusomization job. You really thought it out well. Great looking truck. Enjoy every second of it!
  8. J

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

Looks really nice. Very factory looking. As for the Ecoboost plate, I took that off & put it with the FlexFuel plate from my Escape..... in the garbage! I recently read somewhere that Ford had some other name for the Ecoboost engines but ultimately went with this.
  9. J

Got my 2014 Sport Friday

Good luck with it. Meguiar's now makes a wax just for black vehicles. You might want to check that out. Enjoy!
  10. J

Liftgate dents

I just waxed my 2014 Sport for the 1st time the other day. I only saw one minor paint defect that appeared to be a very small piece of something that got painted over. But it was really small like the head of a pin. It was smooth, not flaking or anything so it was no big deal. I didn't see...
  11. J

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

Knowing them they'd probably think of a way to send me to a collection agency.
  12. J

Rear Camera- Can it be turned on all the time?

I assume this is an ok forum for a camera question since it utilizes the NAV screen. I was wondering if there's a secret way or a hack to put the rear camera on at will? I'd love to have it on while driving forward. Anyone ever accomplish this?
  13. J

Forgot to say- If they just ran their business properly they wouldn't be hurting. They'll drop the price to less than half if you haggle with them. How about this outrageous concept: Charge a fee half way between the lowest haggle price and their top "way too much" price and that's that. In...
  14. J

About 5 months ago I cancelled 3 vehicles because they were so difficult to deal with. The account expired and our 3 cars had no service whatsoever. I boldly told them that my business with them was permanently over and to never charge me, call me, e-mail me, or mail stuff to my house. I was...
  15. J

Carpet for sides of cargo area

Does anyone know of available carpeting made for the sides of the cargo area? The need arises from transporting my dog who likes to scratch up the plastic over the wheel wells under the rear window. Any help is appreciated but I'd sure like to find something that's specifically made for the...
  16. J

I'm hot, I'm cold voice command

It would be a lot neater if it accepted commands like: "Freeze me!" and "Cook me!" lol.. Maybe those can be put in secretly and only those of us that read this thread will know about it???
  17. J

Anyone ever install the REAR power window on a 2007+ ?

Hello all, I have a 2007 with the solid rear window & would love to install the power rear window. Anyone here ever do that swap? I'm seriously considering DIY. Anyone know of a 2007+ getting parted out?
  18. J

Saw the 2011 Explorer today - "naked"

Speaking of having faith, the new SHO is a visual disappointment. It doesn't differ enough from the regular SHO in styling. I had a '93 and there was just enough departure that you knew it was something special from a distance yet still knew it was a Taurus. That era of SHO produced a cult...
  19. J

Is an Explorer a truck?

So which is it? LOL.... :)
  20. J

Is an Explorer a truck?

I'd call it an SUV, yet I'd call a Sport Trac a truck. I don't know why but probably because it has a bed. That's just my inclination. I suppose either term could be applied to either vehicle.
  21. J

Powered USB Port

There is a much, much simpler solution. Belkin makes a USB cigarette lighter plug that fits flush into the socket & looks totally OEM. I think it comes in black or white. http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/04/belkin-nubbin-t/
  22. J

Annoying clunk when no more than one in the truck

Could it possibly be the passenger seat?
  23. J

o/d on off

I turn it off going up or down big hills. Years back I drove a Chevy police car & they actually recommended turning o/d off if the majority of your trip was under 40mph, so we drove on patrol with it off. Never had problems. Keep in mind though that it was a totally different vehicle with a...
  24. J

Hitch Cover

Instead of hiding it, put it to use! I put one of these steps on, not for stepping, but to intimidate crappy drivers from bumping into me. At the very least I'd rather have this scuffed than the rear bumper.
  25. J

Explorer Forum Affiliates This Holiday Season

Cool. There's a few on there I plan on shopping from.
Back