Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

My James Bond Hidden Kill Switch

is the killswitch being used to kill the headlights? or is it for the stereo?
  2. L

High Quality Drop in Filter VS. Cold Air Intake

I have the MAC intake, and i go through many puddles. I guarantee it has gotten in my intake, the engine has died many times after going through puddles. After last weekend when i was hitting puddles and mudding hard, I now hear loud squeaking from the engine when i accelerate at all times. It...
  3. L

Sound Tickets and Facebook

im not sure if your joking, but you just might go to jail for manslaughter if they die.
  4. L

Sound Tickets and Facebook

Im pretty sure this is illegal, not to mention dangerous, what if somebody was to crash and kill themselves because of this? would you like somebody's death on your hands? what if they ran into your personal property and damaged that too? this is going way too far.
  5. L

2001 Ford Explorer vs 2000 Chevy POS Blazer

My friend has a 1997 Bravada with the 4.3 in it. A few months ago before I had an MAC intake and a programming I still beat him in my 4.0 SOHC. I had 3 people in my car and he had himself. I was even running 31" all terrains. I dont know if it was his driving or what?
  6. L

Custom Painted Grill, with pics :)

yeah thats what I was afraid of, the transition from black to dark blue isnt too noticeable, but at least its noticeable from up close haha!
  7. L

thanks everyone, i think the color is called wedgewood?
  8. L

Hey everyone, so after deciding that I needed a cheap new modification, I went and had some paint mixed up to match the body of my Explorer :) When my dad bought me this car about 7 months ago, he said the chrome peeled off of the grill, so he painted it flat black before I came home haha...
  9. L

If you are thinking of buying Autozone Shackles

thats exactly what I did, i'll post pics tonight of what it looks like.
  10. L

i agree fully that the failure was bolt related, but i think there would be a higher chance of being safe with a shackle that wouldnt separate to the left and right when the bolt failed
  11. L

I tightened the bolts with an air gun when i installed the shackles. I might come down to the owner having to check the tightness of the nuts every once in awhile
  12. L

yeah thats what i was thinking i may do until i get enough money for some warriors
  13. L

yeah the bolt came loose, but if you had a set of warriors or something the sides of the shackles wouldnt have bent out left and right. I'm just saying, dont you think something with a cross member would be safer?
  14. L

Think again. I know it may be hard to build up enough money to purchase some warrior 153's or the like, but the Autozone shackles are terrible. I purchased them about 2-3 months ago, they installed well, they seemed to do the job until today. When i looked under my car today i saw this...
  15. L

Sunday drive

thanks everyone, i heard some popping noise from the front end tonight, but im thinking it might have been a rock flying up...
  16. L

Sunday drive

thanks man! wow, sounds pretty dangerous....rear end lockup? hmm
  17. L

Sunday drive

oh haha sorry about snapping at you kinda, yes thought I think that the AT's are alright for what i do. I'm thinking that next time i might get the BFG MT's
  18. L

Sunday drive

hey well seeing as I'm 16 years old, in highschool, and funded by my parents, i can't just roll up to my local store and slap on a pair of Irok super swampers. i'd say that the BFG AT's are the best I can do right now.
  19. L

Sunday drive

I went up in the mountains today for some 4x4'n I had some fun flexing Before I decided to drive into the "dry" riverbed and get a little stuck...:rolleyes: A kind guy in an F150 was happy to break out the tow straps and help out though haha
  20. L

Thinking about installing this.

yeah i was thinking about making it myself. i will have to search the forum for threads on how to remove the wheel
  21. L

Autolamp stuck on max delay

hey mine does that same thing! how does somebody replace the switch
  22. L

I was really looking for some way to get REAL wood on my wheel. Im not sure how... I might try to fabricate it myself
  23. L

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRT-72040/ has anybody done this? i think it is composite, not actual wood, which is a bit of a turn off. but, I dont know where i could actually get a wooden wheel. any suggestions? also, is this just basically a steering wheel cover? or do i have to...
  24. L

Control trac question.

sweet, thanks for the help!
  25. L

Control trac question.

oh ok, so its probably better to just offroad with the 4hi engaged if i think i need it, and not leave anything up to the auto4x4?
Back