Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

5R55W Fluid Fill

yes, use a torx bit to take out center while holding bolt(hopefully it comes out without stripping) I had to replace mine.Fluid level needs to be checked while running, a little should drip out...not a constant stream, if nothing comes out, put in 1 pint at a time until fluid comes out as a...
  2. G

5R55W Fluid Fill

Yes! The Drain bolt is long but hollow with a threaded cap in the middle of it. I do not know about the other location, I have done it through the pan. Good Luck Gary
  3. G

5R55W Fluid Fill

Go to your local hardware store & buy an 1/8" Pipe Nipple about $2, that is what I did.If you need to refill it I also bought a bucket pump from Harbor Freight that fits on a 5 gal bucket, that and some clear tubing, it worked great! Gary
  4. G

Transmission Problem

playtilithrtz: The only difficulty with changing/adding tranny fluid is that you have to pump it up through the pan, not too difficult with the right equipment.
  5. G

Transmission Problem

not trying to threadjack... It seems that my wife's 02 Mercury Mountainer 4.0V6 AWD 78k is having tranny problems,she has had it since 38k never has had anything done. It seems to be slipping & if driven nicely with o/d off it works ok, I have replaced Fluid/Filter & it still has the issue. I...
Back