Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

OBD II scanner (what is compatible )

I picked up this one (BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool) and have had 0 problems pairing to my phone, and connecting to any vehicle with ODB II :thumbsup:
  2. S

Nebraska Owners

I'm still lurking around ;)
  3. S

Digital Gauge readings

Coolant Temp (C or F): 181.4 F MAF rate (g/s): Didn't see an option for g/s, only cfm - which was 40.35 Engine RPM (revs): 663-702 Engine Load (%): 34.5-34.9% Intake Temp (C or F): 69.8 F Intake Manifold Pressure (psi): 4.5 psi Timing Advance: 7° - 6.5° Throttle position (%): 15.3% Trans Fluid...
  4. S

sodjer6 - 2004 XLT

Well my Sport is showing her age(or rather I am) and it was time to move onto something a bit more on the comfy, less kidney jarring side. I wasn't actually planning to purchase my next vehicle until next year, however this one caught my eye. Stopped in to just look at it, got talked into test...
  5. S

Explorer Forum License Plate Frames !!!

I'd be in for at least 2 :thumbsup: so 3/200 :p:
  6. S

cucumber1949

Seconded! Great guy to do business with :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  7. S

Anyone help identify this noise? Thanks

Had the same problem with mine when I replaced the tensioner, Dayco one from Advanced. It would make that sound at idle, any RPM's above idle and it would stop. Also would not rattle when the Heat/AC was on. For whatever reason Advanced wouldn't take it back, it was supposed to have a 1 year...
  8. S

kbabiak: Great vendor

Another :thumbsup: for Karl. Great price for the part I bought, also fast shipping :D
  9. S

Eating speedometer gears

So my Explorer has suddenly developed a taste for speedometer gears. This all started after the oh so fun speedometer bounce. I replaced the VSS, speedometer gear on the VSS, and also had the VSS gear in the transfer case replaced. The first gear lasted about a week. Suddenly the speedometer was...
  10. S

Joe Dirt's Wedgie

The power of Meguiar's compels you!
  11. S

1995 with a bouncing speedometer.

Does the odometer, and cruise control still work? Just got done fighting this same problem myself. Replaced the VSS and speedo gear on the VSS - needle still bounced or didn't move at all. Thought maybe it was a wiring issue, so I pulled the VSS again, attached a cordless drill to it and gave...
  12. S

Joe Dirt's Wedgie

Weird...I was just outside trying to figure out if I could afro-engineer a way to get my rear wiper to touch the window again.
  13. S

Joe Dirt's Wedgie

I'm thinking that Kia(or what appears to be a Kia anyways...) behind the Ex's :p:
  14. S

Joe Dirt's Wedgie

Never thought to try those Magic Erasers...I am going to grab a few and get my interior cleaned up :thumbsup: I also just discovered that Cranberry splash Sierra Mist - very addictive :D
  15. S

Think I killed my Temp Gauge

All 3 connectors were firmly in place. I would think if one came loose I'd have more problems than just the temp gauge being lazy. Everything else is working normally. It might be possible that I pulled the wire itself out of the connector, but I didn't notice it if I did. I was pretty...
  16. S

Think I killed my Temp Gauge

Well busy day today, I replaced all the lights in the dash, the thermostat, hoses, and the belt. Noticed after all this my temp gauge is sitting below the C, basically parallel to the floor. It was sitting right at the edge of the normal temp area, however as soon as I turned the key it dropped...
  17. S

Another GROWL problem and no idea, sorry.

Might be silly but - Have you tried rotating the tires?
  18. S

Joe Dirt's Wedgie

Everytime I look at Joe's posts I feel ashamed of my Explorer :( The before and after pics of the hood are amazing. However, there are two spotless, brand new looking pieces in my interior - the parts I bought from Joe, just can't let them get dirty lol. But I just moved and have a...
  19. S

Nebraska Owners

Tuttle or KS Rocks would probably be the closest places. Tuttle is a nice 2-2 1/2 hour drive and KS Rocks is like 5 hours.
  20. S

Stranger back from the dead

Nothing's changed here. Haven't really got to do anything mod wise to my truck - soon as I paid it off I planned on starting mods but ended up spending everything on an ankle and other unexpected suprises. Funny thing is just last week I found an old tape of the last Tuttle run I went to. If...
  21. S

Stranger back from the dead

Welcome back The Ranger's name will be Snot :p:
  22. S

Got hit on the highway

by a fish... :p: sorry no pics On my way home from work, getting ready to merge from the on ramp and from the corner of my eye I see this huge bird. I'm hoping it changes direction or it's going to end up in or breaking my windshield. It must've realized that as well and suddenly changes...
  23. S

Explorerforum on Powerblock TV?

I'm in :chug:
  24. S

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

Wow those look awesome :thumbsup:
  25. S

What did I do to my throttle cable

Well I never looked to see how the bracket was mounted before, not sure if there were spacers or something. When it gets warmer out i'm going to add some spacers behind the bracket, but for now I just added more zip ties as a band-aid solution. Also here is a link to the Throttle Cable Mod
Back