Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Some shots from friends shop

drool :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I think the vette looked better without the body :p 66 has always been my favorite yr of chevelle, and a convertible to boot. The little small block ford would look good in my x :cool: or anything else for that matter. Good stuff :chug: :chug:
  2. J

shocks for lift

good info, thanks guys :thumbsup: Kinda skeptical about pro-comp shocks. Have a set of their 9000's on it now and in less than 2yrs I've blown 3 of em :mad: :chug: :chug:
  3. J

not done, but a sneak preview....

:thumbsup: looks good, looking forward to the rest. :D :chug: :chug:
  4. J

shocks for lift

yeah, I've noticed the summit "lifted" shocks, but it lists them according to amount of travel, and on that I don't have a clue. Other than that I've heard they have a soft ride, is that your opinion? :chug: :chug:
  5. J

2 year project complete-351w,ford 9",dana 44, 35s, with pics

I'm an old school hot rodder and personally I won't give ya a plugged nickle for those edelbrock carbs. I ran two of em and didn't care for either of em. That holley truck series carb is supposed to be kicka$$. I gotta say I am truly impressed with the X, outstanding work. I'm planning a 5.0...
  6. J

an extra at of oil?

well just finished changing the v/m and that was it. The old one was leaking like crazy. now when I have to do 15mph in the kid zone she isn't missing and stuttering :D Oh yeah, it was much easier to pull the seats and go through the floorboard, much easier :thumbsup: :chug: :chug:
  7. J

shocks for lift

Alrighty, barring nothing strange happening I plan to lift the X in aug. :D I'm leaning torwards the rancho 5000's for shocks. Do they make them for a 6in lift? Or does anyone else have any recommendations? I don't wanna break the bank. :chug: :chug:
  8. J

an extra at of oil?

well I still think it's the vacuum modulator but now there's something new to throw in the mix. Went to start her today and she backfired through the intake, smoke everywhere, and blew all the vacuum hoses off the intake :eek: Gonna do a check of the FPR saturday, but this sound like a fuel...
  9. J

Puked the rear end in our Dodge

yeah, I'd love to have an old 7.3 P/S... but the cummins is still the king of dieseldom. It's no that the rear was that weak, the cummins was just that strong :D :chug: :chug:
  10. J

an extra at of oil?

did you find anything. Found some website where a guy with a 94 said he got to it through the floorboard. Don't know which would be easier, but he said that way was. Find out soon enough I suppose. :chug: :chug:
  11. J

Purple Haze 93 sport

outstanding :thumbsup: I love the 1st gen sports. Did yours right too. :cool: :chug: :chug:
  12. J

an extra at of oil?

yeah, but she's displaying all the other signs too harsher shifting, puffs of smoke, loss of fluid. I know it's a pain to replace, but at least it's cheap. I've heard you can get to it thru the floorpans if you remove the carpet, is this true? And how did this thread end up here? :chug...
  13. J

an extra at of oil?

Fuel Pressure Regulator :rolleyes: I'll go home and sniff some oil tonite :cool: :chug: :chug:
  14. J

an extra at of oil?

stupid question, but what is the FPR?
  15. J

an extra at of oil?

ok went home at lunch and pulled the valve off the old trans. Gotta pull the exhaust to get the one off the current trans :fire: Here's my question though, I checked the line where it plugs into the intake, it was dry as a bone, I even gave it a little suck :D and nothing came out. It is...
  16. J

an extra at of oil?

well the trans is low and the engine stuffed :rolleyes: I woulda thought that trans fluid would be pumped into the intake and create a steady stream of smoke, but guess not. Well have the oil trans laying around, will pull the vacuum modulator and swap. If anyone has done this before and I...
  17. J

an extra at of oil?

no I didn't bother measuring the oil that came out. It was 1/4 to 3/8 above full on the dipstick and puffing blue smoke, so she was over. I'm starting to lean torwards the transmissions. There was no coolant and no OVERLY strong smell of gas. Got class tonight, but I'll pull the vacuum...
  18. J

an extra at of oil?

well changed the oil tonight, and there was no coolant. :thumbsup: I didn't think to smell it for gas, but I just changed the plugs and wires about 2yrs ago with bosch platimun4 plugs. She runs great, I just seem to be getting an extra qt of oil from somewhere :confused: I do have a check...
  19. J

an extra at of oil?

Yes I check the level after changing it. Oil + filter = 5qts. So this makes no sense :confused: If I have friends pulling practical jokes I don't know who it would be, but if it is they better stop, this is getting expensive replacing oil filters every couple of weeks. :chug: :chug:
  20. J

an extra at of oil?

Alright, I'm officially confused. Twice in less than two months now I've found the X puffing blue smoke upon start-up. Both times I've checked the dipstick and found it to be about a qt over. The first time I changed the filter and it leveled out. Now it's done it again :( I'm running...
  21. J

94 mustang gt help

I've had 4 5.0's so far and that kinda HP is generally not a bolt on deal. Ironicly my last car was a 94GT conv. :D Between the exhaust, a F.I.P.K. and advancing the timing you'd be lucky to see 25-35hp gain. Now get you some underdriven pulleys and a shorter belt to eliminate the A/C and...
  22. J

stock fender flare ?s

yeah Josh if you can come up with pics that would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup: :chug: :chug:
  23. J

stock fender flare ?s

man, that is one clean looking X :thumbsup: I do have 1 question. I've got a set of warn fender flares but can't figure out how they mount to the rear doors :confused: Thinking I might have to fab something up with some sheet metal and pop rivets... it's all getting herculined so don't mind...
  24. J

Before...After

me likes :thumbsup: If it weren't for the X has been with me for so long now I'd seriously contemplate getting a ranger/mazda. I really like the white, and I'd keep the confederate flag. It's heritage, not hate. :chug: :chug:
  25. J

Ford and GM's Credit Ratings Lowered to "Junk Status"

it's not about having cars on a "best of" list. Both GM and FORD are in hard financial times. It has more to do with what the unions are demanding and some bad investments they've made in the past. Either way, economicly toyota is poised to take the #2 spot, and maybe #1 eventually. I don't...
Back