Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

O2 sensor wire at ECM

I have a 91 X and need to know if anyone can help me out ? I need the pin # and wire color of the Oxygen Sensor wire at the ECM. I looked all through the wire diagrams in the back of my Hanyes book and it says nothing about the O2 wire anywhere. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks...
  2. D

Jesse James wheels, what do ya think.

Ok, I see Jesse James has his own line of wheels now, I think they are pretty cool. what do you think ???? http://www.jessejameswheels.com/ See ya.. Joe..
  3. D

Help with computer code 14

Ok today I was driving and my CEL came on, when I got home I check for codes and this is what I got. With KOEO I got code 14 this is what the books say : "The Electronic Control Assembly (ECA) has detected and intermittent loss of Profile Ignition Pick-up (PIP) signal during recent...
  4. D

Good deal on this X?

I have 196,000 on my 91 auto 4dr. Joe...........
  5. D

2" leveling coils??

Here are some 1.5" leveling coils Joe..........
  6. D

DAM 3" body lift!

On my 91 I had the same problem, what I did was take the steering ext. out. now I have no problems what so ever. Before you spend $170, try taking out the PA ext. and see if that helps. Joe.........
  7. D

32x10.5/15 ??

I'm running 32x11.50 with a 3" BL on my stock rims and have no problems and no rubbing. Joe.........
  8. D

Wholesale possibilities?

Tell ya what, it's been a long time since I've been in the car audio business. But back when I was starting up my shop all you have to do it call the manufacture of the products you want to sell and talk to them. They will set you up to buy factory direct or may refer you to one of there...
  9. D

just ordered warn hubs !

I bought Mile Marker hubs for my X from Autozone. Hubs were $112.77 Kit was $36.01 after paying my state to buy something it came to $157.71. I thought that was a good price and only took one day to get. Joe.............
  10. D

Help with computer code 66

Ok, the X is running real rough and the check engine light is on. I checked for codes and got code 66 this code was with KOEO . I looked in a couple different books and this is what I came up with: In a Wells electronic igniton book is says : Vane Air Flow Signal Low (Short or Open)...
  11. D

help w/BL steering ext.

Ok, I'm in the process of putting a 3" body lift on my 91 X and was wondering what is the trick to getting the steering shaft apart to put in the extension. I have the bolt out and it will not budge at all. This is what my setup looks like..... Thanks, Joe.............
  12. D

Help with Body Mounts

Ok I'm in the process of putting new body mounts on my X, at the same time I'm putting on a body lift. My problem is that the nuts for the mounts are trash. My question is, since I'm putting on a bodylift I already have new bolts, can I just go buy new nuts for the bottom or do I need to...
  13. D

Saving my rims

Ok on my work van I have some cheap rims, even though they are cheap I don't want them all rusted this winter. What is the best way to protect them from all the salt they use here on the roads this winter. I wish I had some stock rims to put on it but I don't. Thanks, Joe..........
  14. D

How much diff. from 91 to 92

I'm looking at buying one of the repair CD's off ebay that so many are talking about. They don't have one for 91 Explorers only 92 and up. Is there too much of a differance from 91 to 92 for this to be useful to me, or would it be just fine ??? Thanks for any input.. Joe.............
  15. D

Other ford sites like this???

Come on Windstars are not that bad, I have one for a family ride (with a wife and 3 kids what would be better). One thing to keep in mind when looking at those sites is how many people go on the web to talk about how good there car is? Not many. Buy everyone will jump on the web to complain...
  16. D

Body Mounts..which ones ???

Ok I'm in the process of putting a 3" body lift on my 91 X and my body mounts are junk, falling apart, bolts breaking ect. so I need to get some new mounts. I thought insted of just replacing 5 or 6 of them just do all 10. So my question is should I go with OEM Ford, James Duff, or...
  17. D

Richmond Gears..any good

I am looking for some new gears for the rear of my X. A place up the road from me is going out of business and has a set of Richmond Gear 4.56 for my 8.8 for $105.00 not too bad of a price I think. My question is, are Richmond Gears worth a Sh*t. How would you rate them against all the others...
  18. D

PCV Valve

On my 91 it's located on top of the left valve cover (driver side) toward the back (firewall). it can be hard to see with the A/C lines and all but it is back there. Not too hard to get to once you find it. Good luck and if you have any problems finding it let me know and I will post a pic...
  19. D

Online Junkyard??

car-part.com try here....... Joe..................
  20. D

What do your personalized plates say and mean??

don't have it anymore buy in my day of huge car audio systems my plate was : 2FNLOUD See ya. Dog....
  21. D

Will this work ???

Ok I'm new to this lifting your truck thing, my last project was downward, sold that and now I want to take this old X (91 EB 4 door) and put it up a little bit. In my garage I have a set of coil spacers and a add-a-leaf, from what I read this will give me around 1.5" of lift. Can I buy a set of...
Back