Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Solved Everything you wanted to know about PATS.

2001 Explorer Sport (4.0 SOHC) Driving down the interstate the engine cut off. After pulling off to the should I tried to crank it ... the engine would turn over but not fire which is when I noticed the "Theft" blinking rapidly. I tried a couple of suggestions I found on the internet but...
  2. J

'01 Sport Idle Problems....

thanks folks for the help. It has run well today...will let it go for a bit longer and if it keeps acting up will replace the IAC and hopefully that will help. ;)
  3. J

Jason...I have tried to located reading material on the location of the IAC valve. I understand intake manifold, however, on these newer vehicles (last time I saw a intake manifold was on a '83 Ford F-150) I am not sure where anything is located. I am a carburator person, not a fuel injector...
  4. J

the what? OK..IAC valve...where is this thing located...on top of the manifold?
  5. J

38K miles. When I crank her up..she dies. I crank her up again...give it some gas....let off the gas...it dies (quickly). Try anywhere between 2-20 times...and finally she runs alright...until the next time I shut off the ignition and try again then I usually have to go through the same...
Back