Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

95 eddie bauer sas with pics

not daily just a boat for the summer haha so 4.56 sound about right for daily driving and towing occasionally
  2. M

will 4.27s or 4.56s fit in my dana 30? thought they couldnt fit that high of gear. but thanks for the help it helps alot i think i going with the 4.56s or 4.88 what yu guys think?
  3. M

whats the best street driving and towing gear i can get the best mpg with?..im running 35s so im not expecting to get great mpg i just want to get the most i can hah lmk thanks guys more pics coming!!
  4. M

thanks bro..i noticed in your sig u have a ohv. that what my engone says on it. what does it stand for is it a good engine? i was thinking of swapin in a v8 from another ex or just build up my 4.0 ohv what do you think?
  5. M

update guys. got the diff cover off and opened it up to find this!! this is so clean for what i thought it was gonna look like. thank god. now i just need to find out what gear ratio this is and see if i have to go lower for my 35s. how can i tell what ratio this is? it might be stock idk?? one...
  6. M

T case swap

thats what i have is a dnan 30 so i figure it would work right? why do more work you dont need to do. but i did hear they dont disconnect out of gear once in 4x4?? and does the front shaft still spin when in 2wd?
  7. M

thats just the way it came. im going to make it a one piece shaft on that side and put a cover on it. i was told from the owner who has planty of jeep expierience and he said i can throw some washers in there to make it a one piece. btw whats the vaccum disconnect for anywho? what does it to...
  8. M

hey guys. finally i got my axle today. im pumped to start cleaning it and painting it. its a 95 jeep dana 30 in great condition. just needs a little clean up and paint but everything else is solid and not too rusted. its a hp and open nuckles. im looking to regear it to 4:10s or some 4.88s not...
  9. M

T case swap

hey guys im doing an sas to my ex and i just bought a 94 wrangle dana 30 from a jy 70 bucks. im looking to make this a leaf spring set up for street use. but why do i have to swap my tcase to a manual whats wrong with the automatic does it not kick out of gear?? can someone help me...
  10. M

98 XLT Dana 44 on Leafs

hows the tranny holding up..i supose thats solved from regearing your axle though
  11. M

99 EB x SAS D44.

how does it run any issues so far about how many miles have you put on the sas?
  12. M

98 XLT Dana 44 on Leafs

how does it run now how many miles have you driven it with the sas done? any problems thats the route im going lol
  13. M

shaking

are you talking about for the check engine light? where is this located at? thanks
  14. M

shaking

how do i do this?
  15. M

shaking

and aslo my check engine light comes on when i drive a distance and then it goes off. everytime i drive my ex for about 4 hours to go on vacation and trips the light comes on..is this just a mistake or should i pay close attention to it..its done it a few times and nothings happend thanks guys
  16. M

shaking

yes i just rotated them acouple days ago. but it only shakes when turning right and its a heavy shake that rattles the whole front end and its like im driving over the bumps that divide te lanes every right turn i make..could be wheel barings maybe cause it turns fine going under 65 mph. on new...
  17. M

shaking

i have a 95 ediie bauer ex and everytime i go oer 70 and turn to the right on the freeway i get a real shaky rattle in the front and in the steering. feels like im going to lose control lol..what can cause this cause my tires are aligned perfectly
  18. M

98 XLT Dana 44 on Leafs

hey this is a sweet rig. would you be interested in doing other?? im local lol
  19. M

95 eddie bauer prerunner

how much you think i can get them installed for..do you think they will be fine with just 33s and stock?? kinda risky though yea?
  20. M

95 eddie bauer prerunner

Yup dixon bros kit..could not pass the price up haha but the dana 35 standard rotation gears come stock with my ex ifs? or do i have to get them put in?? Thanks for the help much appreciated.
  21. M

95 eddie bauer prerunner

:rangergreen:hey guys i just ordered my coilover kit and i cant wait to get it installed in my ex. i got the 4x4 kit to keep my ex 4 wheel so some trails and the snow. i just have one question. can i regear to front to fit 33 inch tires? i know i can gear my rear but i want to know if i can get...
  22. M

hid wiring is reverse??

got it guys thanks..,my dad helped who was an electrician so we just switched em out and bam haha ill post pics later im going for a test down the highway
  23. M

hid wiring is reverse??

i just switched the wires but maybe they were the wrong ones. now my hi beams work but my lo hid wont work?? its how its supose to be but the light doesnt work now..starting to bug me
  24. M

hid wiring is reverse??

its a xenon hid 10000k hid light kit. i got it off of tuning pros.com.. the guy said i have to switch the wires in the light harness or something like that..i just dont know what wires and what hes taking about do i just cut and rewire them or what??
  25. M

hid wiring is reverse??

:(hey i ordered the 10000k hod light kit hi/low beam. but the hod i got is hi beam when it should be low beam. the guy said i need to switch the wires around to get the hid back to low beam and the halogen back to hi beam. what wires and how do i go about this? thanks guys help needed asap.
Back