Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

dead radio- stock

my radio dead, no lights, could be a simple power problem but anyway i would like another stock radio with cd, mine cassette. the question is, are the pigtails the same bewteen years. if i junkyard it, do i need to cut the pigtail too?
  2. B

po 171 and 174 stumped

i just went through this, been fighting it for years. mine was the upper gasket. I change both but it wasn't needed, the bottom gasket is a beech. there are two gaskets for the top, one is o ring, and in my valve cover gasket kit there was a solid sheet gasket. I used both, solve my problem...
  3. B

computer relearn

had my battery disconnected for over two weeks. does the 96 computer have to relearn like some newer cars. my idles awful low.
  4. B

quick question, intake gasket

how often is the bottom intake gasket the problem with the lean bank code? i got top torn down, just don't want to pull valve covers and all the other stuff
  5. B

intake gasket 4.0, time

how long will it take to change out an intake gasket, any write ups on the 4.0
  6. B

stock radio ground 96

where would the radio be ground at, my radio acted like it has a bad ground, it work perfect till you hit a bump then it dead. looking for chassis ground screw
  7. B

check engine light

does the check engine light ever goes out, fix something, two week later its back on, does anybody have a 96 without check engine light problems. are these 4.0 lemons
  8. B

1997 intake manifold question

i got the same code on my 96 4.0 and it was that green vacuum line going into the erg canister, had a crack in it
  9. B

egr light

I know its been asks over and over and over again about the check engine light, and i have read every one of them and have check every item, even throwing parts at it. my question is, will i ever get this light to stay off, its a 96 explorer 4.0 with 92k miles on it. I been fighting this...
  10. B

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

my 96 model has 91,x.. miles on it
  11. B

In need of help identifying Explorer

my xlt does not have fog lights
  12. B

96, 4.0 six leaking antifreeze

I got a small leak coming from the driver side front of engine, dont think its the weep hole. same corner as the egr is on. is there a small hose around that corner that could be hidden. I see it running down the block but cant fine the leak, I see it on the sending unit by the pan
  13. B

window proublem

there a little plastic gear that needs to be replace. advance auto had it for $8. takes about 15 minutes to do. there is a write up here on how to do it. it required to drill one hole.
  14. B

Road Trip! (MI to FL) What mantinence should I do?

look at your ball joints, brakes . belts
  15. B

back seat fold down locked.

my back seat wont fold down, one side of the long seat come loose but something holding the inner side. afraid to stick my hand down there and pinch it. any ideas. The short seat has no problem
  16. B

2wd quiet tires

I need, want some quiet tires, I run a 235/15 I like to have a good wet road tire, long life, no snow or freezing weather at all. any reccomends
  17. B

Hit at 25 to 40 in the front wheel

because the price of gas SUV are dirt cheap. repair it, I would put a solid axle under it.
  18. B

EGR code

my engine light is on, and the code says its my egr reading low. What can you do with it. Replace the egr, replace the sensor? Clean?
  19. B

crusie control buttons

i replace my cruise control button today, Fifthteen minutes, yea, if somebody told me the wires unplug from the button maybe. But anyway, I have never used the cruise control before. How doe it work. do you turn it on and then hit set or do you hold down. How do you know if its on, does it...
  20. B

Cruise Control Switch

I bought the switches from ford dealership today for $80 plus tax
  21. B

need some sensors

need the temp gauge sensor, and the egr sensor. Where are they located on the engine. Anybody have pictures. Can I buy these at the parts house or do I have to go to the stealership
  22. B

code reader

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=94168
  23. B

code reader

I been looking for a code reader, a OBD II. I was too cheap to buy one for one reading. Harbor Freight has one for $39. it is just like the one at the auto part store for $90 I really don't care for harbor freight but this code reader is nice, well made, work great. Its worth ever penny. I,m...
  24. B

clear coat peeling

my orignal clear coat (96) is peeling on the hood. can I wet sand it and just keep a coat of wax on it?
  25. B

check engine light

any way to check the codes without a scanner? Too cheap to buy one.
Back