Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Call In

Name: Jerry Location: Bedford, IN Vehicle: 1994 Explorer XLT 4X4 Planning to have her back on the road last this year or early next year.
  2. C

1992 Ranger 3.0 Starting Issues

Sending it to the shop, may sell it once it's fixed depending on the cost to get it going. I've got other project's in line and buying for my time and money. Including the explorer which is not forgotten. I've had many offer's on the ranger so it may go to a better attentive owner.
  3. C

My 94 Explorer XLT

Should be able to enter from the rear hatch with a spare key, but why not unlock the door even if the alarm will sound? My explorer is sitting down with a bad fuel pump, Pulled the rims for my 1992 ranger for the time being and trying like crazy to purchase a 1996 explorer for some parts but I...
  4. C

1992 Ranger 3.0 Starting Issues

Long story, some what shortened. lol Recently I decided I wanted to purchase a truck, So I found a 1992 Ford Ranger 3.0 Vulcan 2WD for $600, It needed work. After waiting three days for the towing company to get it home I finally started tearing into it. The first weekend I found the Ignition...
  5. C

How to disable factory alarm?

I wish I could help you, sadly. I had spoken to some admins here and was ask not to share the information your requesting as it could be used by people other than the owner of the vehicle.
  6. C

2005 Cobalt 2.2 starts sometimes

Posts 2, 3, 4, and 5 can be deleted. Sorry. I'm picking the car up today, BCM (Body Control Module), Starter, and wiring harness to power distribution block. $675.16 total. Well, they repined the old harness to the distribution block. Cheaper and quicker they said.
  7. C

My 94 Explorer XLT

Update, explorer is still parked from the above issue. I have purchased a metal fan from a 5.0 for it. Other than that it's still the same. Not taken the time to fix my baby, but I'll get it going before this winter. I promise. Will keep this updated.
  8. C

2005 Cobalt 2.2 starts sometimes

Hey guys, know it's been awhile since I've posted around these parts but I recently purchased a used 2005 Chevy Cobalt 124,x.. miles, now has 128,19x miles. I drive 50 miles from home to work, 50 miles back. Have had it for a couple months, rebuilt from front-end collision, almost everything...
  9. C

My 94 Explorer XLT

Explorer's still down right now over that speed sensor issue. I've been working seven days a week so I don't even have time to drop the drive shafts, transfer case and try to get the old sensor out or put the 70,000 mile transfer case in. I may just end up paying someone to do it, since I have...
  10. C

1994, speedometer issue, cable maybe?

There in lays the problem. Not all of my sensor is coming out. The other transfer case I have has the entire sensor already removed. Mine has two sort of u shaped metal pieces I cannot seem to get out, behind that is where the gear should be. Also my bolt is 11mm, making me think someone has...
  11. C

Found an early 90's F-150 at the salvage yard today. The man who runs it knows me and gave me the yellow 18 tooth gear I pulled from the VSS. 18-teeth-yellow (C0DD-B) Have to thank several members now.... Tbars for help in this thread and many others I've created, BrooklynBay for creating this...
  12. C

I've not seen many 91-94's with stock 3.27 gears :( Also read on the ranger station, that explorer's with my gear ratio should easily put out 20-22 MPG highway. Mine has some issues and gets the EPA estimate of 18.
  13. C

Thanks Tbars. Another issue I have is the largest one. According to the person I spoke with at a local transmission shop, since my gear was MIA when I removed my VSS. It most likely broke the clip and fell into the transfer case. Meaning I do not know how many teeth I need for the new gear...
  14. C

Thanks, I may be heading in that direction. I've called about everyone locally that would possibly carry the gear. The dealer doesn't carry them, the transmission shops don't carry them. Sigh, running out of places to call. Anybody know a place online that would have them in stock? My...
  15. C

Here are the best photo's I could find online, showing the exact part. The VSS or Vehicle speed control. Went to a friends cook out today so I never got a hold of ford. Will call them tomorrow before, I go cave diving... Not really diving, more like walking :D...
  16. C

Checked the cable today, couldn't find that gear on the transfer case side. But the cable is good as turning it made my speedo work, but only when I was turning it. Found the metal shaft thing, with the magnet on it too.
  17. C

Posted and sent him a message. I have a friend who works at the local Ford dealership, but either way I will be there tomorrow morning and pick one up if that is the problem. Going to pull mine tonight and check. I tried getting the cable out the other day, but come to find out one to many...
  18. C

How to: Speedometer Gear Color Code Specification Chart With Formulas, And Ford Part Numbers.

@BrooklynBay, What happened to the pictures in the first post? Having some issues with my speedo as well, http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357382 Going to pull my gear tonight and check it, mileage stopped going up, and of course I'm moving at 0MPH, but still using...
  19. C

Thinking your talking about this TBars? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1478573&postcount=17 Was thinking about something else completely if that is what you were referring too. Another EDIT: If it's the gear in the photo, considering I have an 80,000 mile transfer case in...
  20. C

Yeah I looked at the end going into the transfer case when it started jumping like crazy, and it's in there really good. So it has to be that gear. Thinking locally I seen Advanced had them on their site for $1.99. Will give them a call and see if they have any in stock. EDIT: My bad, they...
  21. C

My 94 Explorer XLT

Well, brakes are doing great. Holding fluid and all that great stuff. But another day and another problem. This one is rather interesting, I can drive at 0MPH, use gas, but the mileage is not changing. :( http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357382
Back