Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Ball Joints Help me please

I started on the upper and lower ball joints today (91 sport 4x4). I rented the ball joint press and so far I have everything off. I managed to get the top one loose by using the press. but the manuel says to bang the lower ball joint loose with a hammer. I have been banging away for a while...
  2. M

Ball Joint question

thanks Ill give a shot this weekend
  3. M

Ball Joint question

I was at the shop earlier today to get my alignment done...and they said I needed new upper and lower ball joints.......just curious how difficult it would be assuming I have access to the right tools...91 5.5'' sus. sport
  4. M

4 high seems to be gone, and a quick hub question

recently i was out wheeling some dunes and and when i engaged my 4wheel, she would only run in four low!!!!!!!this of course isnt that bad,but it is some what troubling.it used to work fine...whats wrong.......also about six months ago i installed new pro comp hevy duty hubs. they work great but...
  5. M

rear u-joint twisted in mid dounut celebration

had a feeling it was gonna go, but i couldnt seem to help myself, after conquering a pretty insane dune, i proceded into a nascar style celebration and bam,bam,bam!!!! there went my rear u-joint.....bought a new one for 9 bucks.....just wondering if any body had already tackeled the task....if...
  6. M

Comment by 'Mike Halfway' in media 'old blue flexin'

sick!how did you mount the cb antena,I like that style alot better than mine, the light bar is pretty sweet too,where did you get it and whats the price range
  7. M

4.0 OHV exhaust question!!!

I ordered my flowmaster system from summit racing, it sounds great, the cat back kit runs 159.00, maybe give them a call
  8. M

power steering question

'91 sport 4.0L,5.5 suspension(superlift),33x12.50 HI-tech RETREADS, Flowmaster (true duels),Pro comp manuel hubs,etc I have my truck a little over three years and im very used to the whiny sound of my 4.0 L and power steering, but just wondering on any suggestions to minimizing the sound or...
  9. M

noisey clank, tranny or something HELP

'91 sport 4.0L,5.5 suspension(superlift),33x12.50 HI-tech RETREADS, Flowmaster (true duels),Pro comp manuel hubs,etc Well my baby is is making a very distinct clank when I just put her into gear (no problem in doing so) and as soon as I let out the clutch (and the gear ingauages) the sound...
Back