Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. freetodragdoors

never even had a chance

Yea last minute option
  2. freetodragdoors

never even had a chance

It wasn't prepped or delivered yet Ford still owned it. And yes it is a brand new 2010 explorer
  3. freetodragdoors

never even had a chance

these pictures were taken today at work 12/01/10. It was a windy one. brand new stock unit. R.I.P. EXPLORER
  4. freetodragdoors

I need pictures

yes just as jayroc55 said the heat shield is held in by 3 13mm bolts and the plastic cover by 2 10mm nuts. depending on what motor you have its either a 2 or 3 port filter hope this helps
  5. freetodragdoors

fuel gauge over full

check the sender on the pump had the same problem ended up being the wire for the sender was broken right at the sender it self. i took it apart and soldered it back together
  6. freetodragdoors

How much longer will I be able to drive my 2002 XLT (rear wheel bearing noise)?

i agree with lifted93xplorer no one can tell when it will let loose. i have seen the bad had a cust. wait and ended up in $1600 in just parts alone.
  7. freetodragdoors

Fix it or sell it?

post your pics
  8. freetodragdoors

war 153 shackles on sale at 4 wheel online

with shipping they come to the same price but that is a good find thanks
  9. freetodragdoors

war 153 shackles on sale at 4 wheel online

http://4wheelonline.com/muscle/WarriorGrayLiftShackles.45198.109892 on sale for $85.73 with free shipping
  10. freetodragdoors

1991 4.0l Camshaft kit

check out comp cams a few members have used them
  11. freetodragdoors

Headlight Switch Replacement

the headlight switch shown above (the top one) is a volkswagen euro switch if anyone was wondering. its the same one i have in my jetta
  12. freetodragdoors

Help me Better understand Wiring LEDS?

the load is what you want to turn off and on with the switch
  13. freetodragdoors

93 x rebuild

i have been very lazy lately and have not worked on the x i have no excuse. i will be helping LiKuiD with his x maybe that will lite a fire under my ass to start working on her. also went to the junk yard today and picked up a overhead console, harness, bracket, and temp sensor out...
  14. freetodragdoors

Fuel in oil update.

ids will not work with an obd1 truck also you can not measure injector flow through a scan tool if the the fuel rail does not have a fuel rail pressure sensor with a scan tool.
  15. freetodragdoors

axles/differential

no that is not true you do not need to remove the cover/ remove diff housing. follow the picture instead of using the tool shown you can use a pry bar and hit the end of it the same way you would the tool the axle will pop out . just be careful not to hit the axle seal.
  16. freetodragdoors

resetting the oil change warning on the computer.

When oil life is set 100% it is set to 5,000 miles/180 days which ever comes first. you can decrease the percentage by 10% all the way down to 10% IE 100% 90%80%70% so on this is how: Oil Life Start Value — Message Center Cluster Press and release the SETUP button until the...
  17. freetodragdoors

resetting the oil change warning on the computer.

Oil Life Reset — Message Center Cluster Press and release the SETUP button until the message center displays PRESS RESET TO BEGIN SYSTEM CHECK. Press and release the RESET button until the message center displays HOLD RESET IF NEW OIL. Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds until...
  18. freetodragdoors

Who's in NJ? Where?

south brunswick nj
  19. freetodragdoors

Rear brake/parking brake cost

sorry there buddy but they are tryin to take you for a ride. ive done rear brakes countless times on 3rd gens at the dealerships ive worked at. they really aren't that bad. as far as the ebrake mechanism they are talking about you do not need to remove the axle it just pulls out the back of the...
  20. freetodragdoors

Thumping at idle & after turning off the explorer

i had this problem on my first x and i found this it may help. it's a tsb from ford A "thumping" noise or temperature gauge fluctuation may occur on some vehicles. This may be caused by the water pump delivering an uneven flow throughout the engine Replace water pump and gasket with...
  21. freetodragdoors

92 4x4 issues

one tip for the panel is if you have a garage that has heat let the truck sit in it or take a hair dyer to it to warm it up. plastic gets very brittle when it is cold
  22. freetodragdoors

whats the difference

what is the difference between superlift 5.5 lift and the superlift superrunner 5.5 lift? also if anyone has these lifts could you give me some feed back about them (do you like it do you not). about how much did you pay for the kit? does it come with everything you need or is there other...
  23. freetodragdoors

93 x rebuild

went to the shop and took some more pics and fooled around a bit installed new fuel pump cleaned up part of the driveshaft and painted it painted skid plate for fuel tank fooled around with my buddies 37's to see how they would look i...
  24. freetodragdoors

93 x rebuild

i know for the last couple of days I've been on the site for hours on end just looking at threads and ideas. i have seen you in a lot of them I'm jealous. since you have hids how do you like the 10000k are they too blue i was looking into getting them but might get 6000k instead. what company...
  25. freetodragdoors

93 x rebuild

currency i have ordered a lmc catalog and am waiting for it to come in. i will take more pics of the damage tomorrow arco777 thanks i know it will take awhile but it will be well worth it in the end i love this truck i forgot to add these mods diamond cut headlamps with clear corners and...
Back