Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

2012 Sport Trac Grille on a 3rd gen Exporer?

You Can,however it would require you changing out your whole from clip. I hit a deer in my explorer, took the insurance money and bought a front clip from totaled 2010 from side impact explorer and changed the front clip out. Now my 03 looks like a 2010. Looks great now just needs matching paint...
  2. D

For Sale Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL

I am in as well Brandon, we have spoke on the phone, you know I am in. I am waiting for the new A-arms.
  3. D

For Sale Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL

Is it too late to get my name added to the list for Uppers? I am on board if brandon can make another set to add to the list. Hope it can help with cost.
  4. D

No more spacers for me.

Off Roading I do off road often. More often than most. I have taken it places jeep will not go.
  5. D

No more spacers for me.

Another Look at the Ball Joint Here is another Look at the ball joint. No stress on the joint from the the lift. I will have my truck on the lift tomorrow and will have pics from below it so you can see how I dropped the from pumpkin to lessen the stress on the axles. thanks, Tim
  6. D

No more spacers for me.

So here are the pics Gents, So here are the much anticipated pics of the front end set up on my truck. I looked at the paperwork and I have put at total of 15,000 miles on the truck since I lifted it and added the tires. I am running BFG All Terrains TA. I have not seen any adverse tire...
  7. D

lower the upper control arm???

This is the system that I have found that worked the best for this type of lift system....
  8. D

No more spacers for me.

Gents, I will have pics in the morning of my mods. This is where I got the ideal to do this. I however did not make the braces on the end, due to the fact that they are not needed. i have driven this truck from Nashville to Chicago 3 times with this system and to Florida. So roughly 9000...
  9. D

No more spacers for me.

Gentlemen, I am sorry I have not brought this up sooner. I have the the same spacers in the front. I was not comfortable with the steep angle of the ball joint with the spacers. So I came up with a solution that I thought everyone knew about. I took my upper A-arm off. cut the bar that the bolts...
  10. D

2002 transmission PCM update available

Thanks fo the advice on the PCM update. I had my PCM updated on Friday the 5th of Nov. The truck has never ran better. Saturday I added the 80mm throttle body. WOW!!!! what a rush. With the cold air intake and the over-sized thottle body, the truck is amazingly different. With 160,000 miles on...
  11. D

Did yall have bad toe problems w/ lift??

Lowering the Upper Control Arms worked great. I lowered the control arms and had the front end aligned. I have since drove the truck 5000 miles and have not had any issues or problems. My wheel travel is great with no rubbing. Great idea stockcarracer. Devildog
  12. D

Calling All Off Road Enthusiast around TN, Northern Alabama, Northern Mississippi

Devil Here, I am putting together a group ride on Sunday August 1st at Wooly's Off Road Club in Mooresville TN. This is an invitation for both Novice drivers and Experts from Northern Alambama, Central TN, Northern Mississippi and Western Georgia. This will be a fun filled day of off roading...
  13. D

Pics from Woolys Offroad in TN

off roading in TN To All the off roading fans in Tn. I live in Nashville TN and will be putting together a ride in the area soon. Please get back to me letting me know if you are interested. Also if you have any trails around the are you recommend. Thanks Devildog
  14. D

Did yall have bad toe problems w/ lift??

Pics Please I want to see pics of how you did it.
  15. D

Shift Kit for better MPG?

I disagree, My wifes 2004 tahoe Z71 averages 23 in the city and 27 on the highway. But it has a computer reprogrammer, cold ar intake, throttle body spacer, performace Mass airflow, headers and exuast. Electric cooling fan from an Cadilac Escalade and a pretty little lady who does not really...
  16. D

lower the upper control arm???

Please keep me posted I am interested in how this turned out. I took my A-ARMS to my brother who owns a machine shop to have him custom make drop tubular arms. I will pick them up tomorrow May the 4th. If I am disatified then I may be giving you a call. One thing everyone needs to remember is...
  17. D

New to the Exployer Family

Hey Everyone, I am new to the Exployer Forum. I have owned several Ford Exployers. Currently I own a 2002 Eddie Bauer 4x4. Zero Mods so far. Just traded a 2006 Jeep Wrangler for it. I had many mods on the Jeep and plan to do the same soon to the exployer. Looking for lots of great advice from...
Back