Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

99 sport 4wd-2wd

looking to bag my 4wd this winter but looking to convert it to 2wd first. i know i need to change the tail stock on my trans and i beleive switch my front hubs and brake assembly but there has to be more to it than this. any help is greatly appreciated
  2. 1

99 explorer cruise control broken

i just picked up a 99 sport with 120k miles and both the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel are basically hanging there. i havent pulled wheel apart yet but is there a way to fix this so they work?
  3. 1

painting chrome rims?

bump anyone?
  4. 1

painting chrome rims?

i just got a set of free 15" american racing rims from my uncle for my x. there chrome but have surface rust on them. what can i use to get rid of the chrome/rust? also what would you suggest paint wise for painting them after there done?
  5. 1

big block x?

its alright i have decided to lean more twords a turbo setup
  6. 1

my diy 4.0 ohv turbo build

do you still have the pictures of how you mocked up the original manifolds? your pics in the first post are gone
  7. 1

big block x?

alright well ill go grab some measurements this week and see what i can find out. headers can be custom made to fit where they need to be. my only real worry was length i will most likely need to alter the firewall for it to fit. then make custom engine mounts. new trans mounts to hold a c6...
  8. 1

big block x?

has anyone ever put a big block into a 1st gen? i have a 91 that im bored with. i dont even drive it anymore. i tried to sell but no offers. my uncle has a 460 ford bb that he said i could have if i put it in something. has anyone ever tried or completed this project?
  9. 1

looking for pictures of 20"+ on 1st gen x

changing brakes is no problem i already have lifetime pads so i can change them once a year or more if needed wont bother me. or i can always upgrade. i just hate the style of my rims and find it pointless to upgrade to a half as$ 18" rim so i figured 20s would be fine. i just cant find any that...
  10. 1

looking for pictures of 20"+ on 1st gen x

does anyone have any pics of 1st gen explorers on 20" or bigger rims? also does anyone know where i can find some for a 4wd?
  11. 1

switching from 4wd to 2wd??

yeah except that button doesnt allow the travel of front axles like i need it to
  12. 1

do you have a link by chance to the lowering springs? is that your truck? if so i love it those rims are my favorite i have them in black on my sn95 with a 460bb
  13. 1

wow never realized how many things needed to be changed i figured just trans and a couple small things. guess ill look into lifts instead.
  14. 1

can someone tell me what i would need to do to switch my 4wd 91x to a 2wd? i just got this truck on a trade and would like to do a full air ride system in it but cant do this with 4wd. can someone guide me in the right direction? i have many places i can get stock x parts from so parts...
  15. 1

new to the forum

hello im from wi and just recently purchased a 91 x 4wd. name is alex
Back