Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

92 ex won't go

if my filter was getting clogged or clogged could this cause the problem? i do have gas an pressure at the rail though. should i look at the filter ?
  2. K

92 ex won't go

i have spark
  3. K

92 ex won't go

Ok, here is what is going on. dropped the fuel tank today to fix a leak on th fuel pump lines. actually had the pump out and sending unit rebuilt. put everything back together and no start. she turns and turns and makes an odd little kick but no go. any ideas ? at the schrader valve on the...
  4. K

How to take apart Fuel lines ?

trying to disconnect the fuel pump. thought someone might know a way to remove these without the special tool.
  5. K

How to take apart Fuel lines ?

Anyone have any little secrets or tips on how to disconect the duckbill type fuel lines ?
  6. K

fuel pump question

can someone tell me if the fuel pump out of a 93 aerostar work in a 92 expolorer?
  7. K

Starter problem

My 92 Ex has got starter problems. every once and awhile i will try to start her and all i get is a click(like a dead battery sound). what i end up doing is crawling under and tapping the starter with a hammer and then she will go. i know this means the starter is on its way out but what can i...
  8. K

switching from auto hubs to manual ?

is that it? nothing else in depth or need to purchase anything ?
  9. K

switching from auto hubs to manual ?

i have got a 92 ex with manaul hubs and am considering purchasing a 93 with auto hubs. the 93 has been in an accident but is still in great shape and i figure i could make an excellent truck out of the 2. the thing is the 93 with the auto hubs has the front left hub smashed. i was figuring i...
  10. K

ok, i had my codes read

fuel pressure test? how do i do a fuel pressure test?
  11. K

ok, i had my codes read

maybe you could be right,171 was the code.
  12. K

ok, i had my codes read

ok, here is what i know alright, it is a code 117...o2 sensor rich. we noticed on his computer that the voltage was not changing at all with revving the truck or anything on the koeo tests. i have cleaned the maf, adjusted the tps to .96 volts,checked the iac and cleaned,new o2 sensor. i am...
  13. K

ok, i had my codes read

ok,i have been getting my check engine light coming on agfter driving about 10 kms. i had the code pullked on friday and the only one my 92 ex is giving is for the oxygen sensor, the truck is running rich. i changed the o2 sensor back in november( i have had this problem since about then. i do...
  14. K

replacing my tail pipe

i am replacing my tail pie on my 92 ex, aperantly there use to be 2 mufflers on this truck but someone took the back one off, so , my new tailpie is too short. anyone encounter this and what can i do to fix this problem.
  15. K

how to read codes

using a walmart version of the code readers. got everything hooked up and with the key on engine off tests is should get a series of blinks. what are the most common ones if anyone knows. i see a lot of people talking about different codes with a letter attached like a p5 meaning...
  16. K

91 troubles

where is the fpr ? where is the fpr located and this vacume line ?
  17. K

changing u-joints

any advice or tips on changing u-joints for the 4wd ? mainly that center one on the front end ? my ex is a 92 with manual hubs.
  18. K

adjust your TPS (another free hp mod)

holy crap wow, after reading this tip or mod i borrowed the meter from work and went home to try this. i first made sure the iac was set up ok then checked my readings on the tps...i was getting about .85. managed to get it to read .955 without having to drill or anything. started her up and...
  19. K

92 ex running poorly

i put these question on a few weeks ago but never got much input so i am trying again. once again i find myself here pondering life and all its woes........ ok, she is acting up again and i seek your great wisdom. symptoms, starts ok( hot or cold ) idles rough.....flucuates between 1000...
  20. K

heating concerns

ok, i see lots of stuff about the heat and sender units here but maybe someone can tell me what is going on here. problem, only when it is really cold(like -10C and below) my 92 ex takes a long time to heat up. while she is heating she will blow cold air. as i start driving the temperature...
  21. K

92 ex running problems

once again i find myself here pondering life and all its woes........ ok, she is acting up again and i seek your great wisdom. symptoms, starts ok( hot or cold ) idles rough.....flucuates between 1000 rpm- 500 rpm seeems harder on gas if that is possible after driving about 10 minutes...
  22. K

92 ex oxygen sensor ,need help

any tips to get an oxygen sensor out? especially when it seems like it has been there a while?
  23. K

92 ex has dissapearing antifreeze

and by looking at this sight the missing anti freeze seems to be a common thing. scary. all this talk about bad heads....very scary. my symptoms are......no visible leaks, plugs fine(nice tan colour and dry), oil not milky frothy or whiteish, but at times the anti freeze is down. the truck...
  24. K

92 ex problems, 4x4 rough

the 4x4 works but is noisy as hell when engaged. i got manual locking hubs which are great. i click the hubs in and the grinding /scraping sounds start. the 4wd works but the noise is scary. without locking in the hubs and pressing the push button 4wd lights up, and no sounds. but it is when i...
  25. K

92 ex has a sagging rear

the truck has 214000kms on it. and now the rear of her when sitting on level ground looks like she is starting to sag. the old springs are getting tried i guess. what can i do here ?
Back