Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Flashing 4x4 lights

I had my 4 wheel drive (high) engaged on sun driving thru a snow storm here in Ohio. After about 30 mins, my 4 high and 4 low lights started flashing at me. Any ideas on this? What caused it? How to fix it?
  2. B

Center Console

I am looking at swapping out my center console. I have a '96 sport with the basic console. I wanna swap it out for one out of a limited that has the buttons and the digital read out. Are the plugs already in place? Can I bolt in the new one? Is it that easy or is it a big modification??
  3. B

Rear Factory Sub cuts in and out

Any suggestions? Anyone experience this problem?
  4. B

Consul Lid

SSIKORA I tried sending you a PM but someones mailbox is full. ;) here is what I typed: I went to the link that you posted. Sounds like you do a pretty good job. How much are we talking to re-wrap the consul lid? It is out of a 96 sport with the light grey leather interior. Lots...
  5. B

Consul Lid

Any ideas on what type of place will recover it? automotive or upholstrey?
  6. B

Consul Lid

The lid on my consul in the interior is nasty. It is cracked and breaking apart. It is the leather type. Anyone know where I can get one of these? What have others done??
  7. B

Blown Bulb on dash

Anyone changed a blown out bulb on a '96. Gonna tackle it tonite and would appreciate any advice or info before I start. Thanks in advance
  8. B

How full is too full?

Just did a tranny filter and fluid change. And of course, I over filled it. How full is too full? What are my options? Pretty much drop the pan to drain the fluid?
  9. B

Draining the Torque Converter???

I am a little confused. There is no longer a way to drain the remaing fluid out of the torque converter when you are changing the filter and fluid. There is still fluid in the converter after dropping the pan. There is no way possible to drain it? There usually is an access hole or a rubber...
  10. B

Draining the Torque Converter???

I have a '96 Explorer Sport. It has the 4.0L V6 with the A4LD Tranny. I started changing the tranny fluid and filter yesterday. I couldn't get to the torque converter to drain it? Anyone done this or know how to do it? Where is the spot that I can access the drain plug on the torque...
  11. B

What kinda tranny??

I am an idiot - 4.0L - kinda forgot it!!!
  12. B

What kinda tranny??

I have a '96 X sport. 4 wheel drive. Anyone know what kinda tranny this is? A4ld??? Thanks in advance Josh
  13. B

Tranny DipStick

Yours is curled on your explorer, or you know for a fact that it is supose to be that way on a '96. i had a guy (i called and asked advice from a ford dealer) tell me that it shoudlnt be that way. Whatta ya think?
  14. B

Tranny DipStick

I have a '96 X-Sport. It's got the 4.0L engine in it. I am planning on tuning it up asap. I am going to change the tranny fluid and the filter. But I have a little problem. The end of my tranny dipstick is curled up. It looks like it was done intentionally. Is it suppose to be like this...
  15. B

Overdrive! Errrrrrrr!!!!

Hey all. I recently have lost the use of my overdrive button. My X will not kick out of overdrive. I would rather have it stuck in overdrive then not, but pulling my trailer with the motorcycle on it thru town sucks when it goes into overdrive. So I pulled the button off this weekend...
  16. B

Overdrive

The button it self pops out or the whole knob on the end?
  17. B

Overdrive

I can no longer kick my explorer out of overdrive. I have the pushbutton on the end of the shift lever. Anyone have this problem? I am thinking that the contacts in the button or wiring is bad. (At least I am hoping and its not in the tranny) Any info guys?? Thanks
  18. B

If there is way to clean IAC sensor, please describe it.

Just a thought. I replaced my IAC Valve this weekend. The ford dealer wanted $137.00 for it. I went to the local siferd hosselman and got it for $47.51. I looked at cleaning it, but why chance it, I found it cheap. By cleaning it you chance having more problems then just a carboned up IAC...
  19. B

Howling MAF

Thanks for the info. I did the search and I have all the classic symptoms. So guess who is changin' out an IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE???? Thanks again fella's JoCo
  20. B

Howling MAF

Ok guys, I got one for you. I have a low, dull, howling sound coming from my MAF/air intake. It sounds like a quite horn going off. It only happens at RPM's lower then 1100. It is very tempermental. It comes and goes alot. It is very annoying. I took apart the MAF and cleaned it up good...
  21. B

Catalitic Converter

is there an O2 sensor after the cat?
  22. B

Catalitic Converter

Ok guys, I need some help. I drive a '96 Explorer Sport(stock). I keep kicking up the code for a blocked or plugged cat. My question is this....can I hollow out the cats? Is there some sort of sensor/sending unit behind the cats testing for emissions crap that will kick the light on? Any...
Back