Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

I'm guessing we'll never see a recall on the 5r55w

Actually, the tsb includes models up to 2009 and includes mustangs and crown Vic's. I don't necessarily agree that the trans is not a safety issue, but I can see your point.
  2. S

I'm guessing we'll never see a recall on the 5r55w

With all the posts on this board, along with a tsb issued by Ford for what seems to be a faulty design, the cost would be too detrimental for the bottom line to issue a recall.
  3. S

How are fender flares removed from my 2002 XLS?

lift up and away. you may break some of the plastic clips that are attached to the body.
  4. S

How To: Fix the Door Ajar Problem

wd-40 lasted a few months...white lithium grease has lasted over a year.
  5. S

cup holder inserts

the liner inside the center clam shell is made of felt. i bought the inserts pictured above from ebay for $15.
  6. S

General consensus on tires

Yes, these. Best ride quality I've felt from any truck tire.
  7. S

General consensus on tires

i went from good years that came with the car to michelins last year. the ride is 10 times smoother and a hundred times quieter than before.
  8. S

80% of 2005 Explorer Transmissions Fail

Mine is at 137k and I think I'm starting to feel juddering at 2 to 3 shift. :wtf:
  9. S

Kind of scarey to log in and see all of these explorer issues

lol...the whole first page is filled with problems, not one of them a duplicate.
  10. S

installed pioneer avic 930bt

I should have gone into this writing a full review. This is the first time I've dealt with crutchfield, and I couldn't be happier. I found this unit on their page for "2002-2005 Ford Explorer" page. They have a budget/customer/staff recommendation; this being the customer favorite. I compared...
  11. S

yeah, parking brake was light green in this case (pink was the speed sensor wire which was piggy backed into the gray wire off the secondary radio plug...you can see it in the first pic) which was grounded into the cigarette lighter under the center console. i think i can play dvd's but i know...
  12. S

The antenna is wired under the dash, up the driver side a pillar, through the headliner, along the sunroof molding and in front of the sunroof.
  13. S

ordered this on monday and received it this afternoon (wednesday) with free shipping. crutchfield included all the needed materials to do a clean install without splicing or cutting wires. the only additional item i had to purchase was the iPhone connection cable. installation took about two...
  14. S

intermittent abs light

thanks for the heads up. i appreciate it a ton.
  15. S

intermittent abs light

abs lights up after moderate acceleration or sharp left/right turn. resets when i turn off the ignition. wondering if this is a bad sensor or could it be something else?
  16. S

cargo cover

anyone know if a sport cargo cover fits an xlt?
  17. S

some tell me i'm not crazy

info found
  18. S

How to find/fix door open switches (door ajar issue)?

^this. i sprayed wd-40, then white spray lithium grease into the door check and haven't had the problem since a year and a half ago.
  19. S

Need to buy new battery...

my first experience with an optima yellow top: bought it for $180, put it in the car, it was dead and wouldn't start the car, took it out and charged it, still dead and wouldn't start the car, took it back for a refund.
  20. S

How to remove n/s sun visor

ebay or craigs list
  21. S

4x4 and body related questions.

the only time i've had headliner rattle problems is when i dislocated the sunroof cover. i fiddled around with it until i got it set back into the slider.
  22. S

How to remove piece on rear bumper

It pulls up and off. There are five or six "pins" that push into the bumper. They are molded along with the step pad, so be careful or you will snap them off. You can probably get a scraper under it to get I started. You will be able to see the pins, they run down the center of the step pad...
Back