Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Head Unit Installation

thanks for all your help guys
  2. M

Head Unit Installation

Does the product you linked me to come with both the adapter to the harness and the amp bypass? Just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing. Thanks
  3. M

Head Unit Installation

Ok, the amp bypass harness seems like an easy and reliable fix. Where can I find this? If I do this, are there any other changes that will need to be made? Do the wires that plug into my stock head unit also plug into the Alpine? Or do I have to also get the adapter kit that huskyfan linked...
  4. M

Head Unit Installation

ok, so I'm not sure what I should be doing. In responce to the first post, I realize I can't just unplug the amp, because its inbetween the speakers and the head unit, so I of course would not get sound because the speakers would not be connected to the head unit. What I don't understand is...
  5. M

Head Unit Installation

Hey there, First time I've ever touched anything audio. I just bought an Alpine 9821 head unit (deck) and I want to know any precautions about installing it. Can I just pull the old one out, unplug cables and plug them into the new one? Or is there something I need to take care of other than...
  6. M

Big Intake Problem

Running seafoam... doesn't that enter at the pcv? If so, will that clean everything and the upper intake?
  7. M

Big Intake Problem

Yup, the intake is metal, and I can scrub, I am just afraid of taking it off and not putting it back together...
  8. M

Big Intake Problem

Right now, I don't know what to do... If I take apart the upper intake manifold, it looks like I will have to move around a lot of other stuff and when it comes to putting it back together, I'll probably screw that up... I've never worked with gaskets or anything like that before. I just...
  9. M

Big Intake Problem

Ok, so far I have thouroughly cleaned the filter box, the MAF and its housing, the air pipes leading to the throttle body, the TB itself and the IAC valve (which took all of 65 cutips, yes 65...). Next step is the upper intake manifold... I'm a little intimidated by it though... lots of...
  10. M

Big Intake Problem

ok, so on the upper intake... Just bolt off and use cleaner and water? Anything else to do down there? What clean will work best for this? Thanks
  11. M

Big Intake Problem

I have been changing my own oil ever since auto shop in high school last year..... Well, never spent much time looking at the air filter, shop teacher never reminded me of that... I do remember seeing that the screws were loose on the air box one day in shop, so I tightened them... so I...
  12. M

Big Intake Problem

Now for a couple of big questions... Alec, you said I should clean the upper intake manifold... no idea where to start on that one, I can look inside and see that it is wet and has a little gunk on the walls.... Also, where is the IAC? and how do I clean it? Thanks for the help on this...
  13. M

Big Intake Problem

ok, so taking off the trottle body, I cleaned that, but I noticed there was a gasket on there that connects it to the manifold... Should I replace this? Thanks
  14. M

Big Intake Problem

Also, where can I get seafoam? Thanks
  15. M

Big Intake Problem

So looking up the IAC on the site, I saw that Ford's IAC was not very good for some reason. Is this true? If so, where should I pick up a new IAC? Also, anything I should know about taking apart and putting back together the upper intake manifold? Never done that before, don't want to mess...
  16. M

Big Intake Problem

So I hate to admit this in public, but it seems I found out today that I didn't have an air filter in the old Navajo. And if worst comes to worst, it may have been filterless for about 18 months. So, I took apart the whole filter box and tubes, and they are dirty. Looking into the throttle...
  17. M

a4ld Flush and Fluid Change Strategy

I am getting prepared for some maintainance and I'm scoping out the tranny. I have been reading on past threads that a flush and fluid change on the automatic a4ld transmission after a long period of time of no maintainance is bad. That this dislodges gunk and such that gets into everything...
  18. M

Stock Radio Floundering

I have a 91 Navajo with the stock radio. For a long time it has had problems shutting off on its own and then not coming back on, but then suddenly it will work just fine again. I was wondering what the likely culprit was and the fix. Thanks
  19. M

Need Project Input

Should I go 5x7 on all four corners or different size in rear? Thanks for all the replies!
  20. M

Need Project Input

Where have you guys found to be a good location for the amp? I want it to be out of the way and preferably not visible. Also, what have you thought of these 10" subs that fit in the passenger side net pocket that are on eBay? Are they crap?
  21. M

Need Project Input

Does a five channel amp run four speakers and a sub? If so, can I put a 5 channel in now and run only the four speakers? Thanks
  22. M

Need Project Input

the reason I don't want an amp right now is space, I don't want a box, and I don't crank it real loud. I am looking for reliable, quality music with certain features. What should I do to leave the system ready for a sub when the time comes, should I get an amp designed for this from the start...
  23. M

Need Project Input

Hey everyone, I am a huge newbie at audio, but after looking around I plan to put in this new system in place of the stock HU that fried and doesn't work anymore. I like the features Alpine 7894 for a HU For speakers, I was going to replace all four with Alpine Type-R 5x7 I don't really...
  24. M

Fiberglass Fenders Questions

Couple quick questions: How much do the Perry's Glass Fenders cost? and Can I fit 33's on a stock '91 with the glass fenders? Thanks:)
  25. M

150,000 Mile Questions

I'm looking into buying a 1991 Mazda Navajo with 150,000 miles on it. I haven't gone down to look at it yet, but what should I be cautious about? I don't want it to blow up on me because there isn't alot of money for repairs right now. Also, I have read about the A4LD, which this Navajo...
Back