Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

My transfer case 4404 has bearing noise on the front end, please help!!

noise... Hi guys, can you please tell me the difference between transfer noise and wheel hub bearing noise? i ask that beacause aloca shop guy told me "your bearings are on its way, be carefull..." but....i just got my 97explorer. 4.0lts ohv a month ago from a guy that,when asked about that...
  2. J

How to: Replace a thermostat on a 1996 4.0L OHV V6.

failure safe Tstat I got my tstat from Autozone, they had 2 different , so i bought the "failure safe" one: it will always stuck OPEN when broke. I installed a week ago, and its doing ok so far, and solved my low temp/lazy gauge issue. The tstat is made in israel,bi-metallic and doesnt look...
  3. J

Installing gas please help

Hi,i run mt 97xlt with natural gas, i think you may use aftermarket filter at no problem,but dont remove the MAP sensor .Be aware that,with gas,you should replace airfilter more often than as you do it with gasoline.I dont know how big is lgp reductor,but mine(natural gas) is beside of battery...
  4. J

2002 4WD Dash Lights Blinking, etc.

its ok, thanks to you, you´ve already help us a lot with the feedback in this problem...by the way,today it seems to stop flashig... i hope this continues.
  5. J

2002 4WD Dash Lights Blinking, etc.

hi,can i see a pic of ground wire,i have same problem..thanks anyway!
  6. J

cut thermostat

What T-stat (brand,temperature,reliability) do you suggest for my recent bought Expl 4.0 OHV, i run it in tropical country with a temperature range between 15ºC-32ºC.(dont know Farenheit equivalent)...is the 160º Tstat ok? Thank you.
  7. J

All you need to know about keyless entry

i have one of those too,and it seems to have an alarm/lock system : if i plug a fuse in a module placed behind the panel located under steering wheel, horn starts beeping and lights flashin, but remote wont work and i need to unplug the fuse to stop it.Have you checked that module?
Back