Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Wits End - Coolant Leak

Here are a couple of photos of what my fix looks like. Not pretty but it works. I did it in a single layer so that the material is homogenous. Funny the similarities between us. I'm 70 and retired, not as agile as I once was, both have similar SUVs, and both have Mustang GTCS. Mine is a...
  2. C

Wits End - Coolant Leak

I'm glad to have been able to help. I used a Scotchbrite pad and water to clean it. The WaterWeld is an epoxy putty that is easy to apply. You just cut off a chunk, knead it and apply it. It cures in an hour and will set up underwater. The engine was completely cold so the joint was not...
  3. C

Wits End - Coolant Leak

Two years ago my 2008 4.6L Explorer Limited developed a leak with the same location and symptoms you mention. I could smell it inside, it was on the passenger side, and only leaked when hot. I traced the leak to the aluminum heater piping junction on the firewall as shown in the attached...
  4. C

Just replaced the Blend Door Actuator on my Gen IV

Hearing no response I proceeded and and got the job done. For the benefit of the next guy, here is my story. I had been having intermittent problems with the passenger side HVAC outlets blowing hot when the controller was calling for cooling. It didn't matter whether the controller was in...
  5. C

Just replaced the Blend Door Actuator on my Gen IV

I am trying to replace the same passenger blend door actuator on my 2008 Limited with dual controls. I have the 3 screws out but there is a metal actuator rod running across the top corner of the blend door actuator that is preventing me from pulling the actuator out far enough to disengage the...
  6. C

2001 Explorer Sport 4.0L Cold weather problem

It could be an intake vacuum leak issue as well.
  7. C

2001 Explorer Sport 4.0L Cold weather problem

My '97 Sport did the same thing last winter and this winter. I have been able to easily get around the problem by tapping the throttle occasionally for the first minute or so after starting to keep the engine running. After this first minute or so the idle will stabilize. I usually just start...
  8. C

2001 Explorer Sport Battery Dying

It would be reasonable to presume that the problem is being caused by either the battery or the alternator. I would start with the battery by disconnecting the battery cables and charging it overnight at a 2 amp rate with a battery charger you know to be good. After it has charged for 12...
Back