Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

considering a '95 Sport with 111K miles...pros and cons???

I say go for it. I had a 92 with 190,000 on the original engine and tranny and it still ran fine. I liked it good enough to trust the 93 I bought next with 130,000 all original. The 4.0 is a good engine- I have beat the hell out of both of my explorers and they wont die.
  2. P

electrical problem need help

I have two problems that may or may not be related. 1. Headlights starting acting funny about 5 months ago. They would turn off by themselves, wouldnt work at all, sometimes I had to pull the witch 4 or 5 times to get them to come on, and now they dont work at all. I think it may be a loose...
  3. P

Found an X I want to buy need some opinions

I thought that price was pretty low but I guess not. I have not even looked on kbb because I was pretty sure that was a great price. Glad to here its not as good a price as I thought though. If it goes over good with the mechanic Ill offer him 8 grand or so. Thanks for all the input.
  4. P

Found an X I want to buy need some opinions

Heres the breakdown: -98 Eddie Bauer 4.0 SOHC. -Loaded with everything -Mint condition in every way -104,000 miles but it was owned by a ford engineer and it started up perfect and seemed to run perfect -...
  5. P

n2o on my X?

Just dont be stupid with it. Dont spray all the time, only spray at WOT, and have fun but dont abuse it or you will mess up your engine. A tranny cooler and chip wouldnt hurt either.
  6. P

how bad have you been ??

I got pulled over 5 times withen my first 6 months of driving- most were BS because the cops around here are jagoffs with nothing else to do. The worst ticket I got was a 48 in a 25 while blowing stopsign. Once I was doing about 105 in a 55 and my buddy that was following me in his 99 dakota...
  7. P

Help! Vibrations when driving.

I have the same problem but between 65-70 mph. If its an unbalanced wheel thats possible because I have so much mud globbed on my wheels its stupid. Tomorrow Ill pull them off and wash the hell out of em.
  8. P

Engine Oil

How much is amsoil and do they have thier own special filters or do you just use a regular one. I usually change my oil at 3,000 to 4,000 miles with castrol syntec blend.
  9. P

off raod ability of stock explorer

Just dont be stupid. My stock 93 suprises me every time I use it offroad. Also listen to the advice about not going over big rocks, too deep in mud, and giving it gas before you know whats ahead because ive done them all and just dont.
  10. P

Signs of abuse

The hitch looked a little bigger than the one i thought the factory would put on but i could be mistaken. Ill definately check the sag and a mechanic will have to check everything.I just looked at the picture on autotrader and the back didnt look saggy but its only a picture. I can afford the...
  11. P

Signs of abuse

Im looking to buy a newer explorer and found one at a local dealer. Its a loaded 96 with the 5.0 and AWD with 64,000 miles in great condition for $9,000. My only concern is that it has a dual exhaust and a big frame mounted tow hitch and I dont want anything that was abused or used to tow...
  12. P

The 94' is dead.........

My family by no means is broke but were also not rich. I did pay for my vehicle but im probably about 1 in 10 kids in my shcool who did. If your parents/grandparents give you a decent 94 ex that shouldnt make you a spoiled rich kid. I personally think the new mounty thing is a little overboard...
  13. P

vibration when accelerating

Not trying to steal a thread but my 93 xlt vibrates when im accelerating from a stop with the wheels are turned. I was told its probably my u-joints but it was never bad enogh to check. Just recently it has gotten a little worse and id rather it not do that. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
  14. P

Have you seen the New MUSTANG!!

I like the that you can see some of the old school sytling but i think its ugly as hell.
  15. P

3in body lift

My buddy has a blazer with a 3" body lift and stock tires and it looks like crap. Im planning on going with a 3" body plus shackels and spacers with 32's and that should look pretty good.
  16. P

STEREO NEWBIE: SUB WOOFER QUESTION

I listen to alot of the same stuff and im going to buy a pair of good 6x9 and amp them. That way you get a little extra bass but a lot more good sound.
  17. P

Shakey Cold Start

I got sick of my 92 doing that so i bought a nice 93 and sold the 92 to a moron.
  18. P

explorer life

I had a 92 with 180,000 miles that ran good enough for me to not be afraid of the 130,000 on the 93 i just bought. As long as you maintain them well they can last a very long time.
  19. P

what do YOU use 4LO for?

Pulling people out and climbing mud hills at construction sites.
  20. P

who's the fastest

Got my 1993 with the 3.73 up to about 105. Speedo only goes up to 85 but i was racing a buddy in a dodge dakota who was following me and his said 105.
  21. P

Craftsman wrenches vs. Husky - which are better?

Snap-on is probably the best bu you cant go wrong with craftmans return policy. Getting a new one on the spot is nice.
  22. P

2nd Trans probobly dead, any realistic options?

If I paid 2500 for a rebuild that lasted 30000 miles id definately go back to the guy who built it and have a few words with him. I had a 92 with 180,000 on its first trans and it worked fine. Now I have a 93 with 130,000 and it shifts like new. Go ***** at the guy and mabye he will cut you a...
  23. P

Oh so my suv isnt a race car!?

Its a bad combination of everythin. Lazy people with no morals, @sshole lawyers who will theive money out of anybody for anything, and the f@cked up judicial system that lets them get away with it. And james t, I like the theroy. Not only stupid lawsuits like that but things like accident...
  24. P

overheating

The rpm kickup is definately related. I had and overheating problem and everytime it started to get hot the rpm's kicked way up like that.
  25. P

Midwest Explorers?

Id definately like to join but I cant get anything but that damn medical site.
Back