Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

No More Hooters Meets in VT

they did the same thing to hooters in boston, and to the one in nashua nh. both closed without notice, even tho they were always packed.
  2. F

Solved How to change SPARK PLUGS on a 4.6L V-8

Answers 1- use a 7mm socket to remove bolts holding on coil packs. Then simply pull up on the packs and they will come off the plugs fairly easily. 2- I dunno. I use bosch +4's and they come pre gapped. 3- It looks scarier than it is. I can do them in about 40 minutes now that i have done them a...
  3. F

Roadbully Spacer Lift Install Tips.

right, not for the 1.5 inch. but it is definitely needed for the 3 inch spacers.
  4. F

Roadbully Spacer Lift Install Tips.

Install is the same for the 3 inch spacers as well, but you definitely need a coil spring compressor to get the front struts back in. Also, for the rears i used a 13mm gear wrench instead of a socket. It fit in there pretty well and after i let the bolts soak in PB Blaster for about a half hour...
  5. F

Parts replacement write up

There doesn't seem to be many good write ups on replacing mechanical parts on these trucks. So I'm starting a thread on the things I've replaced, and how to do it. Feel free to add in. Everything I've done was on an 02 V8 4x4 Eddie Bauer. POWER STEERING PUMP REPLACEMENT You will need...
  6. F

Just changed brakes, very soft pedal -- air in the lines?

yeah man, its simple. just remember to start at the furthest tire from the booster (right rear) and work your way closer (right rear, left rear, right front, left front.) I'd try just doing whatever one leaked the oil first, and if that doesnt work do them all in that order.
  7. F

power steering replacement

just did a search, no results. has anyone done a power steering pump on a v8 yet? is it just me or do i have to pull all of my radiator hoses, my front left tire, and maybe pull the pulley while it is still under the hood? need advice please.
  8. F

High temp/ low oil pressure warning

Also, check the wiring harness on the front crossmember. on my 02 v8, the little guard for the oil filter to keep it from draining on the crossmember wore thru a wiring harness right behind it. randomly the oil pressure gauge would drop, then come back up when i revved it. the little guard had...
  9. F

My Resignation as Nex Pres & Board Members Discussion

Id rather run for Chancellor. Or Czar. But if vice is being tossed in my way i guess that'll do. I also agree with John as President. I had my run as president, and lets just say I made Nixon look good.
  10. F

I have the well known Crapped out wheel bearing issues again!!!

And fronts are only that simple if they aren't rusted solid in. For my fronts it was more like remove nut in middle, remove 3 bolts, use every swear word I can think of, then go inside and google some new swear words in foreign languages to try using too. I used a combination of torches, 3 foot...
  11. F

may 2nd wheelin

Looks like you guys had a blast. We should get a run planned heading out there instead of southern NH where we always go for a change soon.
  12. F

Photos 3rd gen pic's

really destroying the truck i still owe a couple grand on...
  13. F

4.6L spark plug replacement

i didnt even touch them. just get a universal and a couple of extensions. youll be fine.
  14. F

4.6L spark plug replacement

Nope. You need a universal joint and a 6 inch extension. I did them on my 02 4.6 in about 45 minutes total.
  15. F

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

we went out again today. i will have more pics soon, but only one for now from my camera phone (waiting for the rest to come in an e-mail) check the NEX clubs forum in the April wheeling thread for a bunch from the whole gang soon.
  16. F

NEX: Wheeling Southern NH April '09

I agree, today was indeed a great day of wheeling. Minimal broken stuff, and an all around great time. I only have 2 crappy pics from my phone, but ill start it off.
  17. F

OEM plug replacement to HALO Spark Plug

dont forget to factor in how much your odometer is off due to the larger tires. you are probably off by about 10 percent with that size. i would do the math and get the exact number, but im lazy. im running 265/75/16 on my truck, and it is off by like 7 mph at 70 according to my gps. (says 70...
  18. F

NEX: Wheeling Southern NH April '09

18th! lets do it! i was gonna fix the cv joint, but i might as well break it first. lets go! meet at the walmart at 11?
  19. F

yeah, the power steering cooler is now mounted on top of that cross member, instead of in front of it. i was gonna fix it, but decided on bending back the fins and leaving it there. check pages 15-16 of this thread for more pics from that day.
  20. F

Back on subject no amount of throttle could get me out
  21. F

35's with no body lift. hell yeah man!
  22. F

Cool pics, keep them coming.
  23. F

NEX trips?? I want in!!! :-D

sandy, you gotta come out to one of the wheeling events. just ride along!
  24. F

NEX: Wheeling and Club Announcements (subscribe here to stay informed)

Excellent idea John. Hopefully we can get this Stickied. But, this being Explorerforum, I feel we should immediately get off topic, so here is a random pic of you wheeling just for the hell of it. :p
  25. F

NEX trips?? I want in!!! :-D

When we go wheeling, it usually happens in Milford NH (half hour west of Nashua, half hour south west of Manchester). It is fun. Stock vehicles can go out there, if they go slow and take it easy. We are probally heading out wheeling again in a few weeks. Check on DeRocha's thread to keep updated.
Back