Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

What engine do you want?

I believe that we forgot to include the 4.6L SOHC engine as an option. And who would ever want the push rod 4.0?
  2. E

2002 XLT Speaker replacement - fitment issues on 5x7's

It may just be me, but I bought my speakers from Crutchfield and they came with instructions for removal of all the door panels(front and rear) as well as the head unit. They also came with Ford speaker harnesses so I didn't have to worry about which way to hook them up. But maybe I am just...
  3. E

'02 Questions

I have an 02, why would you want to dim the autoheadlights? If you don't want them on, just don't flip it to that switch.
  4. E

Help on New Hood...

410, I noticed above that you said, "There are lots of aftermarket hoos for the late model Explorer's". I had already searched on this site, and the internet and everywhere else. Where can you get a custom hood for an Explorer? I know you can go to Summit or Jegs and get universal scoops, or...
  5. E

Best Headlight bulb for 2002s?

Best part about the Silverstars is that I was able to go down to my local AutoZone and pick them up, no mailing away or shipping to pay. I love my SilverStars so much I was thinking about getting the 9005s as well, not that they would really help anything. But man, when I put on my highbeams...
  6. E

Help on New Hood...

Do you know any sites for Explorer hoods in general?
  7. E

Help on New Hood...

I may be looking in the wrong places but I have never seen a hood for an Explorer. I have seen many for F-150s/Expeditions and other SUVs based on truck platforms, but never the Explorer. I would be real interested in a hood for my 2002 Explorer. What sites are good in general?
  8. E

air silencer again

Topo, if people were talking about removing the air silencer then they were talking about removing that tube in the fender. And yes if you remove any part of the air filter housing then you will need to get a cleanable K&N-type air filter. Removing an air filter housing part will make your...
  9. E

air silencer again

It's the tube that goes into the fender well. It is frequently taken out of mustangs. It has been dynoed on mustangs for a small increase in horsepower and torque yet at redline it will actually slightly lower torque. It is free to do though so it doesn't hurt.
  10. E

How do you remove the door panels?

I just used a flat head screwdriver when I replaced the 4 speakers on my car and it worked just fine.
  11. E

KKM

Hey Robert, if you have a FIPK and also the stock airbox then it is pretty easy to do a statistical test to see if there is a difference. If you email me with the data I can run a real simple T-Test on it. Or if anyone else has a t table then they can do it as well. But I am real curious to...
  12. E

Where to find Gara rims

Yeah, I understand your point. I should have specified 2002 4 doors. The point is that selling wheels and tires to older Explorers is a liability. With all the roll-over lawsuits that have taken place it is risky to sell wheels for an older Explorer. Now here was my point: the new 2002 4...
  13. E

Anyone know where you can get some sporty looking 18s?

I had those exact wheels on my 98 Sport in chrome. The 18s really look nice and I love that style, even though they are a ***** to clean in 18" chrome with the five double spokes. Tire Rack no longer sells them though. Wish I knew where to still get them for my '02X in chrome.
  14. E

Where to find Gara rims

I read your post before. The thing is that they will sell anything for the 2002 Explorers because they have IRS which sets them apart enough from the older Explorers(ie with roll-overs) so Tire Rack won't get sued if something happens to your X. If you said that you were buying for your 2002...
  15. E

Explorer Express is NOT the answer

Hey guys, this is just a general post. It concerns mods to your X's. I have read a lot of posts about where to get the best prices on your next mod. Everyone here seems to like Explorer Express the best. And I will admit that the website is very good, they have a catalog, and the prices...
  16. E

Where to find Gara rims

No Gara is not a Tire Rack brand. The Tire Rack no longer sells them now so I need to find another place to get them. Also the Tire Rack is only bad if you are buying for an older Explorer. They have no problems selling stuff for the new Explorers because there is no risk of a major lawsuit.
  17. E

Swapping Thermostat...

If you want the engine to run cooler then get a 180 degree thermostat. The 160 is too cool. No you don't need to get the stock Ford thermostat either. 180 will decrease the engine temp and will not hurt gas mileage or anything else. Also just get a Stant thermostat. They are like 10 bucks...
  18. E

Who here has a 2002 Explorer/Mountaineer?

Where here has a 2002 Explorer or Mountaineer and which model and color?
  19. E

Modifying Explorer for Street use

JBHexplorer, where did you get your Gara rims from?
  20. E

Where to find Gara rims

Where do I find some rims by Gara? I had them on my 98 Sport and loved them. I bought them from the Tire Rack but I don't think that Tire Rack carries them anymore. They don't list Gara under the brands that they carry. Does anyone know where to get them online? I have been searching but...
  21. E

Will 18 by 9.5 rub on my 2002 XLT

I have a 2002 XLT 4 door was looking to add either 18" chrome Bullet rims or 18" white Y2k Cobra R's. The Bullets will fit fine but the Cobra R's are 9.5" wide and would run a 275mm tire. Will this rub my X?
  22. E

You can also try http://www.performancewheeloutlet.com/ Just remember that you will probably have to call them to see if the rims fit. Many mustang rims will fit, you just have to call up and check to make sure.
  23. E

OK, you can get 18's for it but if you are looking for normal looking wheels, ie not real flashy and wildly designed 18s, then you have to look at wheels made for mustangs. You can look kat www.voodooperformance.com You can also look at www.rimshop.com You could try www.gefracing.com You...
  24. E

Tirerack.com Warning...

About a year ago I bought some Gara 18" chrome rims and Pirelli's for my 98 Sport from Tire Rack. I have used them a couple more times and they are always great. Anyway I recently looked on their website and they no longer have any rims for the older Explorers. I called them up and they just...
  25. E

Will the 20s fit the new truck?

Bruce, damn fine time you had with minimal mods. I guess you and James T can just race better than I can. But I will stop with Mustang replies since this is an Explorer site. So sorry if I offended anyway. And BTW, either of you participate in the MustangWorld or Stangnet forums? Both are...
Back