Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

97 Mountaineer quick question

Hey guys i just bought a 97 Mountaineer for 2300 Higher miles alittle over 169k on it 5.0l v8 now i know there not good on gas mileage and it had an Exhaust leak im getting about 10 in the city 12-13 mixed at best got the Exhaust manifold out and it fell 2 pieces it was crack everywhere also so...
  2. L

Just bought 97 Mountaineer Quick question

Hey guys i just bought a 97 Mountaineer for 2300 Higher miles alittle over 169k on it 5.0l v8 now i know there not good on gas mileage and it had an Exhaust leak im getting about 10 in the city 12-13 mixed at best got the Exhaust manifold out and it fell 2 pieces it was crack everywhere also so...
  3. L

Black interior 1st Gen?

Thanks guys. deamon that looks sick i got my dash and door panels painted so far and i think im gunna go the hole way. I did gloss black by accident.. but it's turning out awsome actually once im completly done ill get pics up. If it starts to flake and all that i will replace it with black...
  4. L

Black interior 1st Gen?

Im planning doing black interior in my 93 explorer i was looking around and i dont see a single one 91-94 with stock black interior did they ever make any? Im going to paint it black ill post some pics when it's done does anyone have theres black so i can get an idea of how it looks!?
  5. L

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

Here is an update on mine went from a 3.5 to a 5.5 or 6 not sure used from a parts truck with 33's which are crap! way to wide. also i did the SOA and locked it :) ALSO QUESTION can i go without a REAR sway bar? i herd it's just fine just take corners slowly and stuff? it's my DD and wheeler...
  6. L

79 high boy coils an springs 93 explorer

is there a way to make the coils fit?
  7. L

sorry about that i didnt know if i posted it right. im not gunna pu the axles on it i was jw if the coils and the rear springs would fit and make it bigger icomes wth 33's and i wat to put those on also so basically wanna know if spring and the coild will it ad work on the explorer from the 79...
  8. L

79 high boy and a93 explorer hey guys a buddie of mne is giving me a lifted 79 high boy and i was woudering if the front coils and rear springs would fit on my 93 explorer? kinda simple haha
  9. L

hey guys a buddie of mne is giving me a lifted 79 high boy and i was woudering if the front coils and rear springs would fit on my 93 explorer? kinda simple haha
  10. L

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

Heres my 93 explorer limited on 3.5 inch lift on 31's for now what do ya'll thank going ta 5.5 with 33's this summer do you guys know where to find he dementions to cut the finders for more flex?
  11. L

Lights wont turn off??

i figured it out the battery had a short in it cuz once i put a different battery it stoped and i put the batter in somthing else the alarm went off in that truck haha not much help from you guys tho
  12. L

What you Opinion

i for got to mention that the guys switched it to manuel locking hubs.
  13. L

What you Opinion

This is what i have now traded for this what do you think and i got some ideas im gunna do to... Now this summer i will be putting a 5.5 inch lift and fit some nice 33's idk if im gunna switch it to a solid axle?( yes/no??) and im gunna take the axle of leaf out and switch around to leave...
  14. L

Lights wont turn off??

Hey Ya'll i got a 1993 ford explorer limited with the factory alarm and i just noticed the other day that when i set the alarm either a couple minutes later or hours later the lights and alarm would turn on, so i stoped turning on the alarm and now the lights wont turn off at all even when i...
  15. L

New fan clutch was installed, and I have a question.

I have an electric fan just need the relay switch and everything i live in washington so it get somewhat hott especially this year had a couple days in the high 100's dont get me wrong i love the sound to but after a while i get annoyed so i will just add the electric fan does it do anythign to...
  16. L

Because it sounds like it locked up but its also new
  17. L

Gas milage/Miles nother question...

The gas guage doesnt work what would you expect the gas milage to be on a 1993 ford explorer 4'' lift on 31's 4.0 automatic? andddd more impotranly how many miles could i got on a full tank of gas?? thats now im gunna get around haha thanks guys.
  18. L

HEY FELLAS I JUST BOUGHT THIS 1993 EXPLORER 4.0 AUTOMATIC LIFTED 4'' WITH 31'S THE GUY SID HE BOUGHT A NEW CLUTCH FAN FOR IT LOOKS NEW AND EVERYTHING BUT ITS STILL LOUD ON ACCELERATION WILL IT QUIET DOWN SOME AT ALL AND WILL I GET SOME MORE POWER AT ALLOR WHATS THE DEAL?? THANKS FOR THE HELP...
Back