Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Is this ticking noise normal? 4.6L V8 Video Inside

Mine does same thing.. 2002, clicks when cold then eventually stops. Thought it was the aftermarket oil filter. Changed oil and filter then went away in a few days, now its back after 3 weeks of not doing it. May try an oil treatment..
  2. D

4x4 does not work

So once the part is replaced.. Does the newer one fail each time you unhook battery for extended period of time?
  3. D

Tranny Rebuild now no 4x4?

No it does nothing when pressed.. No blinks, clicks nothing...
  4. D

So it is possible they left something unhooked? I think I have a slight leak too.. I need to bring it back for that anyway..
  5. D

Yeah its pushbuttons on the dash.. usually a light on the console comes up to indicate high or low. Nothing happens at all.. So just happens to be a coincidence?
  6. D

I'm not a mechanic.. So was this disconnected when the tranny was worked on?
  7. D

Just got my 2002 EB Explorer V8 4x4 back from AAMCO got a 2500.00 rebuild on it. Ran great. Had no 2nd or 5th gear and blinking OD light. Nothing anyone here is new to. Was out at store last nite and noticed the front wheels hopping a little. Thought maybe 4x4 was engaged so started playing...
  8. D

5R55W Solenoid Block Replacement

Did you ever get this fixed? Mine is at AAMCO now gettting it checked out.. Says its missing 2nd and 5th..??
Back