Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

6 inch Lift for my 00' X

I'm intersted in getting a six inch lift for my 2000 explorer and i'm having alot of trouble finding a kit for it. So i was wondering if any one can recomend some brands that they have used on the explorers that can be installed without to much mod to the original kit. Thanks for the help!
  2. S

KKM

is it worth it? From reading mosinman's post and talking to several diffrent ford reps it sounds as thought we are all waisting our money on these intakes. It seems all we need to do is replace the riged pipe in the intake line with somthing smooth and drill holes in the air box. I'de much...
  3. S

Rap sheet a mile long!!! I AM NOT IMPRESSED

I need to amend my last post I did the math wrong, I never was good at math! He averaged 2600 a week But he knows the EVERY road in VA,MD,PA & DE!
  4. S

I bought the truck from my dad who is a traveling salesman of sorts. He is on the road six days a week averaging about 1350 miles a week. I got it from him with 267000 clocked and I've put another 5k on in the last three mounths. What Can I say we love to drive!
  5. S

moving to denver!

Ok I'v taken the advice of other members and decided to go with the intake as my first step. One thing that came up was that the KKM intakes won't pass state inspections... SO can some one in the Denver CO area tell me how they delt with this problem because I don't want to spend the extra 150...
  6. S

K&N VS KKM

I've decided on the first mod for my truck an high preformance intake! I know alot of people have the KKM true rev kit which looks like a great deal (only $89)But some on this forum have said bad things about the KKM kit and recomend the K&N FIPK Generation II Performance Kit ($269 ouch). As...
  7. S

Hey paul don't be put off by ford because of this one truck...My 2000 xlt has close to 300,000 on it and the only problem I've had with it so far was getting rear ended at a stoplight. Hope your next truck treats you better
  8. S

moving to denver!

Thanks for all the info and I look forward to getting out there and having some fun. Just one more question, coming from maryland standing at a whopping 520ft above sea levle to colorado a mile up what chages do I need to make to the intake and air/fuel mix of my truck? I'm new to this whole...
  9. S

moving to denver!

I'll be moving to denver in a couple of days awith my new explorer and was looking for any info on places to go and good shops to go and get work done. Also if there are any groups or offroad clubs out there I would like to know about them ...please. Matt
  10. S

I need help with my 95 xlt

I just got my truck, its a 95 xlt an no one around here (arnold,md until sep.25) can seem to help me get it off-road ready. I will be heading out to denver colorado on the 25 were I hope to break it in. I would like to lift it and overhaul the air manigment system. I'm new to the truck world...
Back