Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Sport Trac Tick Rear of Engine?

Black Sport, I think I have the same ticking. Tick tick tick, about two per second. 02 Exploder...is it going to actually live up to it's name now? Let me know if you find anything out on your end. I got under mine, and could only seem to track it down to above the oilpan, or between the...
  2. A

How to: How To: Replacing Rear Axle Wheel Bearings

So the axle saver pictured is being held backwards, with the seals facing inwards, rather than how it should be installed--facing outwards. Which then means the bearing then rides farther inboard. Soon as I get all this stuff in front of me, all the questions will be answered. From...
  3. A

Ok, what is on the inside of the axle saver bearing? It looks like the seals I am holding in my hand. Now granted, I put everything back together already as the cold rain has started, but I could have sworn the seal should be on the outside of the bearing. Maybe I should shut up until I...
  4. A

wait Does this aftermarket axle saver sit farther outboard or farther INBOARD? The picture looks like they put two seals on it, and it would sit farther inboard. Now how the heck do I put a picture on here. Sheesh, I'm falling apart. Can't even figure out how to put a picture on here.
  5. A

Thanks for the advice, Gavin. I thought maybe someone would chime in and say the one bolt was heat treated or something to make it stronger, maybe. It's not like I want to crack the pumpkin open more than I need to, you know? Out for a bolt, and to maybe find the elusive, but much...
  6. A

MAN Finding this Timken stuff is a pain in the ***. Goodness, all this for a leaking seal...and no rear brakes. Thanks for all the help, guys.
  7. A

Wow. That was quick. I was still on hold at Summit! Now I'm all over the map. Should I order a replacement pinion bolt from Fabbri? I wonder if it's stronger than the one at the dealer.
  8. A

Axle Saver Bearings? So, I have done my homework and re-read this twice, and can't seem to find any mention of where, or who, makes this much sought-after (by me, at least) "axle saver" bearing, with seal attached. If someone who isn't as dense as me could reply, I wouldn't mind looking...
Back