Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Keypad doesn't work after replacing engine

We just had a Jasper reman engine put in my wife's 2002 Explorer XLT - original 4.0 engine broke a valve spring at 80K. New engine seems to be running fine but now the keypad doesn't work. It will lock using the 7 & 9 keys but will not open when the original factory code is put in. All...
  2. M

Replace Engine or Ditch it

Currently replacing the engine in my wife's 2002 XLT - valve spring broke. Since it only has 80K & everything else seems fine, we went with a Jasper re-man engine - 3 yrs/100K warranty. Pricey (engine @ $3200 alone) but since she likes the vehicle alot, we plan to keep it for awhile....
  3. M

2002 XLT 4WD - front hub assembly question

Thanks for the reply.... although given that I didn't find the new bolts in the box until after I had installed the new units, I'm not sure how smart I really was...... :-) I think I'll be OK.... after all it's the wife's car.... ;-)
  4. M

2002 XLT 4WD - front hub assembly question

I just replaced both front hub assemblies on my wife's 2002 XLT 4WD - the units were $212 each after AAA discount at NAPA. I didn't realize until tonight that the new assemblies came with 3 new bolts (hidden under paper underneath the new hubs in the boxes). These new bolts came with some...
  5. M

Fuel Filter Mistake

Finally (!) got the connection off.... used the metal scissors 3/8" and it took some muscle to pry it into the metal clips on the hose... what a PIA!!!! Although I was beginning to think that maybe this was all going to be in vain and the filter would be clean, after cutting it in half after...
  6. M

Fuel Filter Mistake

This is getting the better of me... :fire: After another 2 hours trying to get the front (engine) hose off, I still could not get to come off.... I even went out looking for plastic tubing to put around the plastic disconnect tool.... Autozone had nothing (useless people there anyways) and...
  7. M

Fuel Filter Mistake

Not yet...am about to go and tackle it this AM... one thing about releiving the fuel pressure - I just take off the cap off the schraeder valve on the fuel rail (blue plastic cap) located on the front of the engine driver's side.... and the use a small screw driver to push in the valve -...
  8. M

Fuel Filter Mistake

trucku... I pulled the below from the factory workshop manual CD I have (buddy works at a Ford dealer & got me one awhile back).... needless to say, I didn't bother referencing the manual since once I found the filter (!!!), it didn't seem it would be too difficult to remove.... :eek...
  9. M

Fuel Filter Mistake

trucku - I wish I had found your message 3 hours ago.... that's how long I have been trying to get that front hose off the filter on my wife's 2002 XLT !!! I tried both the plastic and scissors tools and could not for the life of me get the hose off.... :confused: I'll try your method first...
  10. M

Hawk HPS Composite Brake Pads??

WDP... you must be hard on the brakes/lots of miles :) Although I haven't changed the pads on my wife's 02 XLT Explorer yet, I did put the Hawk HPS pads on my 02 4x4 King Ranch F150 about 18 months ago along with Brembo OEM rotors (both pads & rotors from Tire Rack). Noticeable difference...
  11. M

Factory Driving/Fog Lights help!

If anyone has this info, I'd appreciate it as well....I'm doing the EXACT same thing as Tim is to my wife's 02 XLT that didn't come with the factory fogs... TIA.... Mike
  12. M

Thanks Guys/Gals Im off to F150 world, X for sale

Problem is that f150world is very slow when a number of folks get on...... (and yes, I have a cable modem)...
  13. M

Thanks Guys/Gals Im off to F150 world, X for sale

There's also www.f150online.com as well.... (wife has an 02 Explorer, I have an 02 F150 King Ranch Supercrew 4x4)
  14. M

Upgrading to in-dash 6 CD - 2002 XLT 4 door - need advice!

I recently bought a in-dash 6 CD player that was out of a 2002 Mustang GT - part number 2R3T-18C815-BA - and am planning to replace the base system (AM/FM/Single CD) in my wife's 2002 Explorer XLT. The in-dash 6 CD is out of a Mach460 system in the Mustang. I'm also planning to add a factory...
  15. M

Need help installing factory sub into 02 Explorer

Just bought a used factory sub w/amp for my wife's 02 Explorer to mount in the left rear storage compartment. At this time, we just plan to keep the existing factory HU - single CD in-dash. All she wanted was a bit more bass. Since she did not have a subwoofer previously, what do I need...
  16. M

Aftermarket sub for 02 Exploxer?

Brandon - what mfg of sub? I'm looking for the enclosure and sub together.... (like the Clarion). Thanks....Mike
  17. M

Aftermarket sub for 02 Exploxer?

Aftermarket sub for 02 Explorer? Can anyone reccomend an aftermarket sub for an 02 explorer 4-door? I searched this site a bit and have looked on Crutchfield, but only seem to find ones, such as Clarion, that go into the storage compartment on the RIGHT rear side... evidently the...
  18. M

Sorry about my last thread

Slick.... Old Chinese Man once say.... " Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought ignorant than to open it and remove all doubt." Or was it an old Mexican guy?..... could have been... :confused:
  19. M

Any Forum or Site for Recommending Shops or Mechanics?

One place you may want to post your question is in the Pennsylvania Chapter of Ford Truck World: http://www.fordtruckworld.com/forums/forum.asp?438
  20. M

End of year Deals on 2002 Sports?

Do some research on the X-plan (you can get PIN for free from Ford Investor relations) - X-plan pricing is ususally around/below invoice. It's a no-haggle price and you will also save on documentation fees ($2-300). Usually a dealer will not discount below X-plan if you're using it...
  21. M

Was this a good deal - 02 XLT demo?

What's the matta wid folks from Jersey or Nah Yawk? :D At least here in New Jersey, there's a law that says you get to keep your killer stereo if you have to give your vehicle to a younger sibling..... :D
  22. M

I think you need to read the fine print with that ad.... it probably includes the $2500 rebate if paying cash, $400 recent college grad discount and probably some sort of "dealer loyalty" discount as well..... all this could add up to 3-4 thousand bucks.... As well, it seems the only options...
  23. M

4.0SOHC - not sure if you've ever been to Hawaii (RScotts1 location) but there's a premium on almost everything out there..... perhaps $30K for an XLS is the going price.... really depends on location....
  24. M

Thanks for all the feedback.... one of the better parts of all this was I also got 0% financing for 5 years.... If I was paying cash, I would have gotten another $2500 off the $28K... If anyone is thinking of getting a 02 Explorer, better start looking at them now...especially if you're...
Back