Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Crate Motor - 1993 Ford explorer?

Hi, does anyone know if and where I can get a crate engine (4.0 v6) for my 1993 ford explorer? I was thinking about reconditioning my engine but would prefer to put a crate motor in. Does anyone have any links? I have searched but haven't found anything yet. Thanks so much!:thumbsup:
  2. B

Uphill power loss, help

It just lost power up hill to the point when I had to drop to 4th, I would replace the fuel pump anyway (probably never been done and she is an old girl) My mate (and mechanic) did a fuel pressure test and said the pressure was good but then checked the fuel delivery and apparently that was 1/4...
  3. B

Uphill power loss, help

Might be way off but maybe look at replacing your fuel pump, mine used to "die slowly" up hills on the highway, my fuel pressure was ok but my fuel delivery was terrible, put a new fuel pump in and she is a 1000 times better, no longer need to drop into 4th to get up hills! Just something to...
  4. B

Sun roof Clips - Where to get?

Hey Dano! Thanks So much! PM sent!
  5. B

Think I would need numbers 2, 3, 4 and 5 for my sunroof. Unfortunatly mine came with some plastic for the sunroof when I bought her, have replaced the glass and made my own clips but would like the original parts for it if it is possible...
  6. B

Nope, I asked around and found this (see pic) But the guy that i spoke to said they don't make the spare clips anymore, only the glass (which I have imported already), thanks
  7. B

Hi, my 93 explorer came with the "clips" that attach and detach the sunroof missing, I have made clips out of wood that work fine except I cannot take my sunroof off, does anyone know where I could get these? I can't go to a junkyard and get them because I live in South Africa and there are...
  8. B

HELP! Camber/caster adjustment kit

Thanks! I went with the adjustable bushings, I got the Ingalls Fully Adjustable Camber/Caster Bushings, got them from import auto performance for $49.90 (for both), now I just have to wait for them to arrive! thanks again for the help!
  9. B

HELP! Camber/caster adjustment kit

Hi, I have searched on the forum but can't seem to find the exact info on what I need. I have a 4" suspension lift on my 1993 ford explorer and I can't seem to get my camber set (one tire is wearing on the inside) I took it to get aligned and the guy said he had adjusted it the best he could but...
  10. B

Bosch Fuel Pump

Got it! It's 69101 for the bosch pump, thanks again guys!
  11. B

Bosch Fuel Pump

Thanks will check it out! cheers
  12. B

Bosch Fuel Pump

or if I have to order a pump, any recommendations on brands? part no's? any help would be appreciated, thanks
  13. B

Bosch Fuel Pump

Hi, I've searched the forums and I've found a a lot of info on replacing the fuel pump, but this doesn't exactly answer my question. I need a new fuel pump for my 1993 explorer, as I live in South Africa I can only get some brands locally and I would rather get it here (quicker) than import it...
  14. B

door panels

www.lmctruck.com, they have the door panels (just look under 91-94 explorer), The door panels come "grey" and you have to paint them to match your interior, they also sell the spraypaint for that, hope it helps
  15. B

Lift Kit Ideas and Tires

Not sure as to exactly what those rims are but I have just bought myself a set of mickey thompson classic ii's, they are of a similar style to the rims in the pic. Good luck with the build!:thumbsup:
  16. B

aftermarket shackles specs

searched it, here you go http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showpost.php?p=2198843&postcount=5. I believe these are the specs as per the warrior shackles!:thumbsup:
  17. B

2003 sport trac of 1996 F250 kingcab flareside?

Hi, I already have a 1993 ford explorer 4x4 manual (love it to death), I am looking at getting a ford F250 kingcab flareside v8. I have now just seen a 2003 ford explorer sport trac for sale. Both these vehicles are pretty hard to find in South Africa. I would be using it more as a cruiser than...
  18. B

how to change the colour of your gauge lights

Yea that looks awesome, thanks for the pics really keen to get mine done now! Blue to go with my interior and radio!
  19. B

how to change the colour of your gauge lights

Nice write up! Could you post a picture of it now with the lights on? I would like to change mine to blue one day!
  20. B

4x4 not working

I would just replace the auto hubs with warn manual locking hubs, mine have never let me down, heard a lot of guys that have had their auto hubs blow, if it's not the shift motor (your truck is engaging 4x4) I would replace them with manuals, maybe even just replace them anyway? It's going to...
  21. B

94 Sunroof

Just make sure the glass coms with the little "clips" that attach and detach the glass from the roof, the glass part is removable! My ex came with plexi glass on (sunroof was broken) and it leaked really badly, I live in Africa so no scrap yards for me, I ended up ordering the glass from LMC...
  22. B

Finally, pics of my X!

Ha ha dolphin-fish (makes sense now), i have added some more pics of my ex, some of her on the beach at my beach cottage and some of us camping, also added some of our fishing pics for good measure (sorry about the quality of some of the pics - cell phone) Here is my...
  23. B

Finally, pics of my X!

HA ha, thanks!!!:) I will post up some pics of her on the beach tomorrow, just back from an awesome boys weekend up the zululand coast, caught tuna, dorado (you guys call them dolphin i think) and couta (king mackerel) and lots o beer!!! pity i had to leave my ex at home but it's tar road all...
  24. B

Finally, pics of my X!

I like my truck like i like my girlfriend, pretty as hell but always willing to get a little dirty!!!!!! hahahahaha
  25. B

Auto hub trashed

I would just put in manuals, save you cash in the long run! I have warn hubs on mine and they work awesome, think they have a lifetime guarantee too.
Back