Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

ROLLPAN !!!!!!1st GEN

And no more spare tire ;)
  2. D

ROLLPAN !!!!!!1st GEN

Here's a pic BlackMagic originally posted from Sportruck.com show coverage: Hartman had some info: Here's a couple pics I had bookmarked (they were taken by someone on this site, sorry I couldn't remember who): Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed
  3. D

ROLLPAN !!!!!!1st GEN

When I get some time I want to build a fiberglass pan for my 02 Sport, I was planning on using those trim pieces for a mold, I figure it would look a little better as one piece wrapping around the sides even though it won't be molded into the body. The post I made above probably didn't make...
  4. D

ROLLPAN !!!!!!1st GEN

Were the ones from Godfather's Customs fiberglass or metal? I think the only metal ones they sell are actually made by Sir Michael's. One thing about making a roll pan for an Explorer is the rear rockers/side panels (whatever they're called:confused: ) ), there's actually trim pieces...
  5. D

Look What i Found!!

Totally agree:D
  6. D

ROLLPAN !!!!!!1st GEN

;) ;) ;) I can't tell if the taillight is actually hinged yet or if its just unbolted ;)
  7. D

So how many of you have done the adjuster flip?

I'll probably end up having to borrow my friends dremel anyways ;) :p
  8. D

Anyone besides EE have blocks/u-bolts that FIT the X?

Hey Yomie, were they a universal block from BellTech?
  9. D

So how many of you have done the adjuster flip?

I don't have a dremel, but do have an air cut-off wheel with different attachments :)
  10. D

I know on Rangers a lot of them buy a flip kit to get a 4-5" drop and blocks to go lower (once the axle's on top). I figured some of the Explorer's must be dropping the axle below the the leafs and blocking it up for even more lift. I know a few people who've had those aluminum blocks from...
  11. D

My '91 X on dubs and air

Are you sticking with the leaf springs in back? You said the front is under-construction, what are you working on? I've been contemplating a Mustang II IFS on my Gen 1 X.
  12. D

I haven't read up on suspension lifts for the X yet, but aren't any of the lifted X's flipping the axle underneath the axle and using blocks to get even more height? Or aren't there any other vehicles with the same diameter axle that would utlilize the same radius of U-bolt? I've known a few...
  13. D

A few X's from socalcustoms.com show coverage

Getting an Explorer bagged definitely deserves recognition of the custom work that was done. A lot of other vehicles have "bolt-on bag" kits, but the Explorer is one vehicle that has virtually no products available in regards to lowering. I think Ekstensive charges around $4K to put bags on...
  14. D

twenty's...

I'll definitely take pics, 4" isn't too low though ;) Are your tires the same overall diameter as stock? Are they a bit wider?
  15. D

Sources for exhaust tips?

Anyone have links to any sites that over a wide variety of exhaust tips? I have a rough idea of what I want to do but need to find the actual exhaust tip I'm going to go with first. TIA
  16. D

Smoked Tail Lights

*note* the red color in my monitor is out, so anything with a red coloration looks black, I'm not color blind, honest :p ** With that said, I can't tell if you did the 3rd brake light or not. If you didn't, maybe tint that while your at it to help further the black out look ;)
  17. D

twenty's...

Hey Matt, do you plan on dropping yours down some more? I just picked up a pair of c-sections for the back, so once I can get a hold of a plasma cutter or, dare I say it, (worst case scenario) a jigsaw, I'm going to bring it down probably a total of about 4.5-5 front and 4" back. I already...
  18. D

NaplesBill's truck on CarDomain

I saw that post of his focus, never saw any of the explorer other than when he just added the rims. he's definitely done quite a lot to that focus already.
  19. D

NaplesBill's truck on CarDomain

Saw he had some newer pics of his X over there, he took it down a couple more inches and did a few other mods to it since he last posted over here. Definitely like the stance of his, I'm guessing he did the adjuster flip to bring it down a total of 4.5". I just picked up my c-sections so I...
  20. D

A few X's from socalcustoms.com show coverage

Before it was bagged:
  21. D

Silver-ish/chrome bulb that lights up amber?

thanks for the reply psychotic, any idea what to search for on eBay? I'll have to check some of the local auto stores to see if they have anything on the shelves....
  22. D

Silver-ish/chrome bulb that lights up amber?

quite a while back I saw that Phillips was working on a light bulb that was a silver-ish/chrome color, but would light up as amber. They were specifically being made for use in clear corner/euro lenses to give a cleaner look. Anyone know if these ever made it into the market by Phillips or...
  23. D

'01 Sport dropped with Chevy components??

I'm the newbie around here so I'm trying to pass the ball ;) Never got a reply back from Rick and since I won't be adding any gauges for a while I won't be needing one yet. Anyone else want to try and get the GP started?
  24. D

twenty's...

I saw the new pics on your site, looks great Matt:thumbsup: I'm building my '02 Sport with a "factory sport truck" theme, I guess similar to a Typhoon or Lightning. I read your other thread you might be looking at fabbing a custom bumper cap, have you thought about doing a roll pan? I'm...
  25. D

video with a few seconds of a white X draggin'

that's funny LOL . I can't remember but I think around here they can actually impound your vehicle for dragging. I think its a $350 fine because they say it damages the road, which obviously it can. You do have irresponsible street/lowrider people just like there's offroad people who tear up...
Back