Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Audio Stuff for cheap?? anyone know a good place??

oh yeah, I want to get the q-logics in the front, and different speakers for the doors. what amp should I get to run the sub and the q-logic components. Also, which components do you guys recommend? The amp from the radio should power the door speakers, so i'm not to woried about that. I shuld...
  2. J

Audio Stuff for cheap?? anyone know a good place??

Does anyone know what JL audio 10" sub is worth? I think it's a w3 or w4? anyone? thanks guys....you guys are great, I'm so thankful to have found this site!
  3. J

BIGFOOTE b/a

Rock crawlers look good BRO!
  4. J

Crown Vic motor?

would you hear the clatter at high or low rpm's. sometimes when I'm low in the gears i can hear a clatter, thought it was bad gas, i went to 89, somewhat gone now.....I thought since I'm gonna have the top of the motor apart doin all the gaskets , why not? any thoughts?
  5. J

leaf over axle

get a 4" suspension up front w/ coil spacers
  6. J

Flowmaster

I wasn;t to sure about that either. BUT I was talking to someone on here last night and they recommended the coil spacers. I thought I could do that to get some extra lift, but found out I couldn't. I'm new to the whole lifting situation.....my last 4x4 was a J##p wrangler, i had fun with it but...
  7. J

Crown Vic motor?

i want to sometime..I have to do somethings to my X first before i start wheelin with it... it has 155k on it so I have to tune it up and do the gaskets. do you recommend any special tpe of lifters, I heard that's a good thing to do to these(change the lifters)...I'm not a mechanic, but I sure...
  8. J

Flowmaster

so you have the single in, dual out? any change in hp, or torque?
  9. J

Crown Vic motor?

i gues with the 1/2 to 6" ur talkin aout is goin w/ the soa? how muh would that give me and what springs do you recommend, money's somewhat tight, but not too bad, gimme good, then gimme great...incase I come into some cash....I guess ithis is a mix thread....motor and lift...lol
  10. J

Crown Vic motor?

Hey section525, will the poly bushings from the site Rick is promoting work also, i saw some coil spacers on there also, and if I put a 4" susp, which would you recommend and how would I get the rear to match the front since it would be 6" with the coil spacers? Thanks for ur time..
  11. J

Crown Vic motor?

Just curious...thanks...had a thought layin in bed last night and thought i'd see, IF one came in wrecked i was gonna see if he'd hook me up, but i'm not into all the fabs...what yr. mustang motor fits, i know i could find it, but since ur on here......
  12. J

Flowmaster

but since I have one pipe goin in, won't I lose back pressure if I don't downsize? I'd be goin from one pipe out to two, only seems like it would let out more too fast.just a thought...
  13. J

Crown Vic motor?

My uncle belongs to a police force and I was wondering, and I could just be thinking a bit crazy, I've been known to do that, but would a motor from one of the police Crown Vics fit in my 91 X? They're modified motors in them right? LEt me know Xperts....thanks guy, you guys are great....I know...
  14. J

Flowmaster

I gues cause i'd have 2 pipes coming out of the muffler it would be better to go to the 2" pipe, than leaving the stock 21/4" pipe? anyone? I'm jus trying to get some suggestions, I would like to see some chrome tips comin out the back like duals, but I don't want to lose any performance, i...
  15. J

Lighting - What I am thinking

Dude, they rock!!! Rack 'em up there!
  16. J

Flowmaster

I have a 91, can i put single in a dual out and have it look like I have dual exhaust, or will I lose power, fill me in guys......by the way...I really appreciate all the info I've gotten on this site, so many things I just never knew, man you guys are great, I'm not too sure my wife is as...
  17. J

Explorer owners in PA

I live between west chester and lancaster.....in the sticks, wish people were close to me:( anyone? anyone? lol
  18. J

Ever Hear of This?? well youll want to!

Jason, what should he know?
  19. J

Snowbash for Northeast/Midatlantic?

Hey muskrat? where abouts in Tn, I might be goin, I live in pa , not to far from ya, better than 12 hrs..
  20. J

Just Look

So what's the legal % for pennsylvania?
  21. J

Solid Axle Swap

What's the advantage to the SAS, What will it do for me? Handling, snow, muddin, rain, fill me in, thanks..
  22. J

Big Ex!

Hey Limited Ex, you have any pix of ur X?
  23. J

My proposed setup

oh yeah! Love what ya did with the 3rd brake light...very ingenius, might try somethin like that with mine.....
  24. J

My proposed setup

sorry about posting twice, didn't think the first one went through........as my 2 yr old says....oop!
  25. J

My proposed setup

HEy Big BAD Fred, where'd you get the gauges and inlay at, I have a 91 and want the same setup....sweet ride!!!!!!!!
Back