Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

windshield squitters not working

Suddenely my squitters aren't working on my 98 Exlporer sport. I checked in the res. and it was a lil icy. I drained it and put in de-icer and it still doesn't work. I checked the fuse and that was fine. It doesn't even make any type of noise when I try to get it to work. If I disconnect the...
  2. J

throttle body air filter

is this the air filter that can cause humming? Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed
  3. J

Explorer Help

I think it's the relay, I wiggled it when the fuel pump wouldn't make any noise and when I got back in and turned the key it would worked. I left the key turnt but one of my neighbors was mowing his lawn so I couldn't hear if it pumped as soon as I wiggled it. I'll let you guys know the out come....
  4. J

Explorer Help

Well it's either the fuel pump or the TPS. What is the relation the 2 have to each other? I noticed today that I can predict when it's not gonna start because the fuel pump will not make a sound when I turn the key half way. Today all it would do is crank and not eben sputter. If I unplugged the...
  5. J

Explorer Help

I can hear the fuel pump when I first turn the key. Now where is the TPS?
  6. J

Explorer Help

Ok I cleaned the MAS today and it seemed to work until just now, it did it again and I did take off the negative cable when I cleaned it to reset the chip for 30 minutes and then drove it for 10 miles. I don't see how the battery cables would affect idle and what not. When it messes up it will...
  7. J

Explorer Help

I'm sorry guy but I have been dealing with this problem for the past 2 months and I can't find the problem. Every mechanic it's been to can't find anythign wrong with it but as soon as I get it home within 2 hours to a day it does it. I just need it to be solved I have no other means of...
  8. J

Explorer Help

bump
  9. J

Explorer Help

Now that I know what a MAF is I have replaced it in just under a yr. Could it have gone bad already?
  10. J

Explorer Help

What and where is the maf sensor? Is there anyway I can check it myself? Like I said nothing shows up on a dianogstics. And I've done the fuel filter.
  11. J

Explorer Help

I have a 94 Explorer Sport and has run good for the yr I've had it until now. Recently I had to replace the starter and battery, but since a lil before I replaced them to current ( a lot less before replaced) it wouldn't start randomly. It will crank and crank and if it does start it will idle...
Back