Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Which wires are the (IAT) wires on a 2.9L 1990 Ranger?

Thanks for telling me Bob. At least now I can do research and stop this thing from screwing up my truck.
  2. A

I figured out how to install it. I was told that it will run rich by somebody else, I'll see if it does by the end of this tank of fuel. But for the power aspect, GREATEST $70 I EVER SPENT!!!
  3. A

Well, it might not be a chip, but for a 17 year old kid, it's perfect.
  4. A

Here's the link to the website, there is a picture... http://www.engineperformancechip.com/ford-performance-chip-ford-ranger-1990-2008-c-10_280/power-performance-chip-x2-p-8 If you are thinking about getting a chip, definately go with this one, it's the best $70 I've ever spent
  5. A

Thanks for replying, but I already installed it. Now my 2.9L can spin the tires straight from a dead stop. Hell, I did a 360 when I was frying the tires in a parking lot today! Best $69.99 I've EVER spent!
  6. A

I got a chip for my Ranger and don't know which wires are which... IAT or MAF. Which wires are IAT and which wires are MAF? Your reply is MUCH appreciated. I'm just trying to get my truck to run better, the chip was a B-Day present and now I can't install it, lol. Thanks for reading, please...
  7. A

1990 Ford Ranger Question.

THANKS A LOT!!! I never thought about gearing? Probably a lot easier than swaping motors... But I'm still not sure. So basically, I can get gears for it and it'll be impressive... or... if I can find a cheap 5.0 I can make it a HOT ROD trophy truck, lol. I know gearing can do a lot, but it...
  8. A

1990 Ford Ranger Question.

Hi everybody! I'm new on here and am hoping to get an answer about my Ranger. My '90 Ranger has a 2.9L in it and I want MORE POWER!!! But I'm only looking to spend at most $700-$800. My solution is to put a 4.0L in it, but I don't know if the 2.9L's transmission will work with a 4.0L...
Back