Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Add a leaf's

ok well i went to do an add a leaf on my 95 explorer and i was told that it would lower the ride because u are raising the axle into the fenderwell and not towards the ground. on MY 95 explorer, the leaf spring assembly is under the axle- THIS IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than an full size...
  2. A

Add a leaf's

just to let you know my 95 sat about 2-3" taller in the front with the torsion bars cranked up ALL the way. this was when i compared it to a 97-99 explorer in the front. i always thought my 95 sat lower than the 97-99 explorers, and now mine is 2-3" taller than the newer explorers
  3. A

Add a leaf's

leaf springs ok i did the cheap shackles and i did get lift, BUT i did not do the add a leafs. if u just do the lift shackles u will get some lift. if u ever put add a leafs or lift blocks on a 95 with the leaf springs under the axle it WILL ACTUALLY LOWER YOUR EXPLORER. the...
  4. A

95 explorer hydraulics

i am curious about putting hydraulics on my 95 4x4 4dr explorer. amhyd.com sells a hydraulics kit for $700. is it possible to put hydraulics on my explorer. if anyone has every done this before, tell me how it worked out. also i want to get 20" wheels for my truck, do you think the wheels...
  5. A

leaf spring relocation

i cranked up the torsion bars on my 95 4dr. i have new lift shackles in rear, but the front sits higher because temporarly, i cranked the torsion bars all the way, until i can adjust them with my 31s i was curious as to who makes a kit that will allow me to put the leaf spring on top of...
  6. A

Solved Torsion Bar 101, Everything you Need to look for!

alighnement someone PLEASE REply should i get a normal alignment at firestone, or do i have to get a custom alignment after i crank up the torsion bars? if anyone knows or did it before tell me feel free to email me
  7. A

TORSION BAR ALIGNMENT

OK i put rear shackles on my 95 4dr 4x4 explorer. i am going to put on 31"s on tomorrow, and crank up the front torsion bars 1.5-2". i have new shocks also Do i need to pay $80-$100.00 for a custom alignment, or can i use a normal Firestone alignment? i can get 3 alignments for...
Back