Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

2002 Mounty Front Seat support bracket broken

Is that french you are speaking(no idea about welding at all)...will have to find a welder..
  2. I

2002 Mounty Front Seat support bracket broken

Mine broke in the same place. How were you able to fix?
  3. I

Camshaft Position Sensor

Code was P0340
  4. I

Camshaft Position Sensor

So pulled into AAP to pick up my upper control arms...SES light comes on.. AAP guy comes out and the code that pops up was Camshaft Position Sensor.. Anyone have experience with this...
  5. I

Bad Control Arms

I am going to just do the uppers(can get both for $104 total).. Your facebook link is awesome.. A lot of great stuff I need to do to mine truck before I sell it.
  6. I

Driver's Seat not moving

I think i found my problem. Metal piece at the back of seat it broken causing the rod to not be able to apply pressure. Going to JY tomorrow to see if i can find a new bottom to my seat
  7. I

Loud idle

Sorry for all the posts on vacation so catching up on some things with the truck. I have noticed a loud idle, not rough, just loud... and it continues when accelerating for the first time of each drive (sounds like a semi or some big pick up truck). I have the V8, but it was never this loud...
  8. I

CLunk speedometer crosses 20mph

Would it be the mounts if it only makes the clunk noise once when decelerating from above 20mph to 20mph? It is not a continuous noise, just a "clunk" or "thunk"
  9. I

CLunk speedometer crosses 20mph

So i just started hearing this sound(CLUNK) when decelerating(coasting or braking) when the speedometer crosses 20mph. Don't think it's the transmission, but not sure what it could be 2003 Moutaineer AWD V8
  10. I

BSI replaced, now need to adjust brakes

Turns out it was a bad Brake switch not a bad bsi, but oh well both are brand new now..
  11. I

Know where I can get a new one of those? So is it likely that the BSI went bad and so did the brake switch, but i didn't notice until i replaced the BSI?
  12. I

I replaced BSI. Now my brake lights don't work which makes me think that that BSI is not working properly. Fuse 23 supposedly controls all of that so i switched that out and have the same problem. Except now even when I apply the brake pedal all the way, the BSI doesn't drop like it's suppose to.
  13. I

So i replaced my BSI( http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/fordguy4u/2009-01-29_143651_TSB_04-22-12.pdf ) But now my brake pedal has to be pushed all the way to the floor to get it into park. And the brake lights don't come on. Is there some way to adjust the brake pedal?
  14. I

2003 power windows stopped working

What if all my other windows work except 1 on the master switch?
  15. I

Window rolls down but not up

New development... Controls on passenger window will cause motor to spin if pressed down, but not up. However controls on driver's side panel that controls all windows, passenger motor won't spin down or up. Can a bad masterswitch on the driver's side panel cause my passenger controls not to work?
  16. I

Window rolls down but not up

So i replaced my passenger window regulator thinking the reason it wouldnt roll up was because it was bad. Got new one and same thing. Window will roll down but not up.. My guess is a broken wire somewhere...any other ideas?
  17. I

Window regulator replacement

I can't seem to get the to screw loose, pliers wont grip it, and when i wedge a screw driver in there it doesn't stop screw from spinning..
  18. I

Need help!! Window stuck down!

My issue is with the front passenger. Anyone know the Dorman model for that and is the procedure the same?
  19. I

Liftgate bolt broken??

Has anyone ever had their lift gate bolt break?
  20. I

Heater problem

My wife just called me with the same issue on our 2003 Mountaineer. I am going to check the coolant level, because I know on my firebird my coolant was low so the heat in the vehicle wouldn't blow warm air.. Will let you know.
Back