Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Winter Tire Choice

Those look sweet as well. However, they seem to be more of a burly AT "good in light snow" as quoted. Where the Geo "winters" not just meet severe weather/winter standard but exceed it. Thanks though for the input. I do appreciate it.
  2. M

Winter Tire Choice

Those do look sweet! I think I'm leaning toward the Winter Geolanders though. The price is good on them as well.
  3. M

4wd Light Definitely Mean Engaged?

So if the light is on. There is no way that the transfer case is NOT engaged?
  4. M

I believe I stand corrected. After a little research, I believe 95-01' were all control trac systems. I also found a good link for the brown wire mod. as well. So it sounds like just because the 4wd light turns on doesn't necessarily mean that 4wd is engaged.
  5. M

I don't believe it is control trac 4x4. Brown wire mod.?
  6. M

I was curious when you engage 4wd and the light comes on does that definitely mean that 4 wheel is engaged. I have no issues with the light coming on, or binding, or anything like that, but it just seems that when my 98' Explorer is supposedly in 4 wheel there's really no noticeable difference...
  7. M

Winter Tire Choice

Thanks for all the responses. looks like it's between Hankook ipikes, Cooper Discoverers, or Yoko 'winter" Geolanders. Looks like these are a new tread pattern for them. Thanks again
  8. M

Winter Tire Choice

I've been running Yoko Geolanders all year on my 98' XLT, but this winter want to go with a designated "winter" tire. I have a 60 mi. roundtrip commute to work along a rural highway in MT. So I can encounter deep powder, slush, extreme cold, and ice (a lot of times black). So I'm looking for...
  9. M

98 Explorer High Idle

My 98 Explorer has started to idle @ 2100 when in park, and it doesn't matter if it's warm or cold. It does drop to normal idle when in drive though. Had this happen a little while back and ran injector cleaner through it and seemed to help, but obviously a recurring issue. Any thoughts?
  10. M

Trailer Brake Light Issue 98' Explorer

Fuses and bulbs are good in vehicle & trailer.
  11. M

Trailer Brake Light Issue 98' Explorer

Been having issue with the driver side brake light on my boat trailer. Turn signal & headlight work but no brake light on trailer, butbrake light works on explorer. Tested the wiring on the trailer and everything is good there. Swapped lights, bulbs, etc., and everything checks out there...
  12. M

Map Light Stays On

So I just replaced my driver side doors from a recent roll over. So of course the new doors don't line up perfectly. So sometimes I can get the interior lights to shut off, but I must really slam the doors. However, most of the time when I get the back domes to shut off the map light stays...
  13. M

Door Innards

Got it. Very helpful. Thanks again.
  14. M

Door Innards

Thanks. I actually got the doors on and reinstalled the interior from the originals. All went pretty well, but having issues with front driver side elec. lock. Some times when I shut the door it automatic locks, and when I unlock it gets stuck or unlocks then locks again. Weird????
  15. M

Gen.II Frame Rail

I lightly rolled my 98' XLT, and luckily came away unscathed. I was able to get it up on a rack to check for structural damage. I found a bent sway bar link and inner tie rod on the pass. side, and I noticed that the frame rail, where it angles in toward the front end, appears to have a steeper...
  16. M

Door Innards

That would be great! That could be a big help. Like I said if I can relate to some sort of diagram then I can make certain what needs to be there and what might need to be replaced. Thanks so much.
  17. M

Door Innards

At this point not really sure. Just looking for sone info./diagram of the workings of the inside of the door. So I can dissect what is what, especially if parts are missing.
  18. M

Door Innards

Anyone have have a good link and or diagrams for Gen II electrical door innards? Other than a Chilton. Got some replacement doors but the locking mechanism on the doors are locked up and not functioning correctly.
  19. M

01' Doors Fit 98'?

They're from a 4 door and being put on a 4 door. So good there. So it doesn't matter if the rear door replacement has wheel well molding and the original does not?
  20. M

01' Doors Fit 98'?

I found some driver side doors online from a salvage yard in MO, matching colors too, off a 01'. Was wondering if they will fit my 98'? I've been told that 97-02' would work. Also the replacement rear door has a "fender flare" on it, but the 98' does not. Will this still work? the door saga...
  21. M

Will 97' Driver Side Doors Fit on 98'

Maybe he was referring to a 2 door then, but I'm certain I clarified a 4 door?
  22. M

Just talked w/gentlemen from locally salvage yard, and he said normally most parts are the same from 95-01', but the doors are different. Said I need to look for 98-01' for doors.
  23. M

This is a follow up to my recent post "driver side door replacements". Does anyone know if doors off a 97', or any other year for that matter, will work on a 98' 4 door XLT. Wondering if the replacements will line up or if they'll even be recognized by the current electrical? The current...
  24. M

Replacement Driver Side Doors

I figured the shipping wouldn't make it worth while, but my main concern was if a replacement would be recognized by the original electrical. Thanks again
Back