Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Knocking when hitting bumps

Thinking about replacing them with an upgrade in replacement parts- the urethene bushings. Looks like something I don't have the time or patience to deal with, my favorite mechanic can do the job, it'll save me some busted knuckles, lol:-).
  2. D

Adding Steering Stabilizer

Another little side project that I am looking into for my 92' Explorer is to add a steering stabilizer. Does anyone have one on their stock vehicle? Did it help as far as helping the vehicle negotiate wheel ruts in the road/highway? At the present time I am just looking to take my stock vehicle...
  3. D

That's kinda where it sounds like the noise is coming from. Wondering if it's worth the hassle for me to fix in my driveway, or if I should just take it to my trusty mechanic with the nice heated shop and all the tools he needs to do the job?
  4. D

Tire Size

Wheel Size So would the 30X10.5 requre some fender trimming at all? The Stock tire size is just a fraction under the 30 inch mark, so I am wondering if I go up in tire size would I need to have adjustments made to the speedometer, etc?
  5. D

Tire Size

What's the largest tire size I can put on my stock 15 inch Alloy wheels on my Explorer. Will a 30X10.5X15 fit in the wheel wells without rubbing? Looking to put on some Mud terrains, and I want to get the most out of the tire size. :exp:
  6. D

Hey all, I just replaced the shocks with a nice new set of Rancho RS5000's the other night on my 92' Sport. I did so not only because the previous owners did very litttle upkeep on this fine machine, and the ride was pretty hairy on the local roads to say the least. Not only that- there's a...
Back