Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

4x4 not working

any updates?
  2. V

Head gasket looks fine, what's up?

Sorry brain fart. So used to saying upper and lower. I meant how was the intake gasket. Coolant still runs through and if bad will leak down into oil. If not i would say head and or gaskets or warped or cracked block.
  3. V

Head gasket looks fine, what's up?

How did the lower intake gasket look
  4. V

4x4 not working

Put the old one back in lol, Its weird cause some other guy i was helping had the same prob after he swapped his module. He never posted his find. Ill ask him for you and see what he says. Did you put all four wheels on jackstands and manually try fwd. I def would try that first.
  5. V

99 Explorer XLT - Multitude of Electrical Issues

Yea check the drivers side fuse box and underhood aswell. If all that stuff isnt workin somethin has to be blown or chewed through. I wonder if they had same problems in different years. My 02 had no lights coming on and door ajar light on along with some other stuff. It turned out to be a...
  6. V

2002 4x4 problems

Ok im confused now. Is it awd or 2wd. For the 2wd option 4wd is 2wd :) dont worry ill explain. When you put the switch in 4wd auto your transfer case sits in 4wd. There is a clutch inside the transfer case that does all the work. When in auto the clutch is off allowing it to be 2wd. When you...
  7. V

99 Explorer XLT - Multitude of Electrical Issues

Wow um let's see I would start by checking fuses. If there are any blown replace as usual and if they blow again go from there
  8. V

Battery Charging issues.

Yea i know, i once ran into an issue where it wasnt charging when the battery was connected. Turned out Pos battery cable was grounding out by the starter. Funny thing is only had a low charge when the battery was connected. Def sounds like a fishy regulator prob but better safe than sorry
  9. V

Battery Charging issues.

do me a favor just to be a test, start the truck and completely disconnect the battery then tell us the voltage
  10. V

Battery Charging issues.

your running off the alternator and that is why your able to drive around. I would say the battery is sooo bad its not holding a charge. Probally bad cell in battery. take it to nearest pepboys or auto place to check battery and replace if needed.
  11. V

2002 4x4 problems

lol, its to early in the morning, i def remember. did you call for used units
  12. V

Any thought Pennzoil 5w-20 ????

costs too much money to change the print lol. i agree with seth 5 20 is a little light for winter conditions. i use 10/30 aswell, especially cause i have high mileage. it has never steered me wrong
  13. V

2002 4x4 problems

really? are all the lights working as normal?
  14. V

2002 4x4 problems

if that does not work you might have to manually put it in 2wd from the transfer case. Maybe the motor is dead or not turning
  15. V

2001 Sport 4x4 is not engaging 4WD.

its behind the glove compartment, when there are no lights on startup it usually means module is dead, had to replace mine for 160 from silver state ford
  16. V

3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement

lol yea thats what i need, i can easily do it the long way but anything quicker would be better
  17. V

02 XLT 4.6L AWD 4 door

agree, thats basically what i said but he worded it way better :thumbsup:
  18. V

Paper Gasket on Transfer Case

lol it might be different, i literally held my transfer case on my chest removing it and was atf free :)
  19. V

Click/clunk on manual 4406 after lifting off the throttle

sounds like it could be a broken transmission mount but i could be wrong, also could be different mounts
  20. V

Paper Gasket on Transfer Case

its more of a dust cover gasket than a gasket. both units are sealed units so if they leak you have bigger problems :) i just used rtv
  21. V

02 XLT 4.6L AWD 4 door

mine did the same thing, there is a wire or wires that literally break in the boot between the drivers side door and pillar. do a search from door unlock and lock problems and you should find someone that posted pics on the broken wires. i would start there, it will probally take care of 2 of...
  22. V

4x4 not working

ummmm lets see, oh when you pull that motor off have someone switch it to 4wd hi and low from the buttons and see if the motor is moving. thats pretty much it for now till you start testing then we can go from there.
  23. V

4x4 not working

ps, key on you should just get 4wd lo, then full start the 4wd high should light up temporarily.
  24. V

4x4 not working

ok first thing to do is check your wiring by the transfer case. alot of the times the grnd wire breaks. second i would do is pull the motor off the transfer case and manually switch it to 4wd hi. if the truck is on jack stands you can test that way if not making turns should tell you if the 4wd...
Back