Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Which Transfer Case is in the 4.6 V8 Explorer ?

Hi ! Been a while since I've posted, but I really don't have any issues with it. I have a 2002 Explorer XLT with the 4.6 SOHC V8. I usually only drive it in the winter so it has sat all summer. I noticed quite a leak of trans fluid where it had been sitting. The leak is coming from the drain...
  2. C

What Transfer Case ???

Hi ! Been a while since I've posted, but I really don't have any issues with it. I have a 2002 Explorer XLT with the 4.6 SOHC V8. I usually only drive it in the winter so it has sat all summer. I noticed quite a leak of trans fluid where it had been sitting. The leak is coming from...
  3. C

coolant getting into valve cover?

This exact thing happened to my 1987 Grand Prix 305c.i. Never really found out what the issue was... I bought it with 34,000 miles and traded it in years later with 220,000 miles. The milky goo was always present inside the oil filler cap, but never seemed to effect anything. I would drive...
  4. C

Power Window Went Down...Won't Come Back Up.

Done and Done ! It was not nearly as big of a pain in the butt as I originally thought...Thanks to all of your help ! The biggest hang ups were getting the new unit inside the door and re-installing the lock push/pull rod. All in all, it took me about a half hour or so and cost about $65...
  5. C

Thanks again, D Hook ! I'll swing by the hardware store on my way home this morning and pick them up. I'm looking forward to getting this done, it shouldn't be too tough ( I hope! ) I'll post my results... Thanks again ! ! ! Scott
  6. C

Thanks for the tips ! I picked up the part from Advanced Auto Supply and I will get to work on it this morning. Do you know the exact size/length bolts that replace the rivets ? I'm going to swing by the hardware store this morning and then get started. Thanks ! ! ! Scott
  7. C

Thanks D Hook I do believe I'm going to take your advice. I've been looking around for the "How To" on replacing the regulator, but can't find one for my '02 Explorer. Can anyone post a link for a video or instructions with pictures ? I found a video for an '02 explorer, but it's for...
  8. C

Thanks guys... I was able to get the window back "up". I used the switch to get the motor in the "up" position as far as it would go, then manually pulled up ion the window. The motor is working, but something between the regulator and the window is broken/disconnected. The motor will...
  9. C

Hey all ! This morning on my way home from work, I stopped by the car wash...I rolled my window down to pay, and the window wouldn't come back up. I can hear the motor working (both up and down)...a few crackling sounds along the way. I took the door panel off and I cannot tell what the...
  10. C

WeatherTech Floor Mat Sizing ?

Anyone ? Anyone ?
  11. C

WeatherTech Floor Mat Sizing ?

Hey all I recently purchased WeatherTech Laser Fit mats for my '02 Explorer XLT and love them... so I bought a pair for my girlfriends '02 Explorer XLT. I would also like to purchase the same mats for the back seat... But the website is a bit confusing on what size to choose. There is...
  12. C

2002 Explorer With 100k ... What Is the Recommended Service ?

I would, but the weather here in the midwest is less than favorable for any outdoor activity...besides, it's all on the girlfriend's dime. lol Thanks ! Scott
  13. C

OK, bottom line... Would you all take your Expy to the dealership, repair shop, or quick lube to get all fluids changed... and what price would I be looking at for everything ? Thanks ! Scott
  14. C

We actually bought it with 96k on it, so unsure of the previous owners maintenance...
  15. C

Hey all The Girlfriend just rolled 100,000 miles on her '02 Explorer XLT V-6 so along with the usual oil change, what else should be changed ? Diffs ? Trans ? Radiator flush ? It's still too cold for me to do any of these things so we're going to drop it off and get it done... I am always...
  16. C

Dash Lights Went Out...

I think I was supposed to hook up the dimmer wire only...although I hooked up the illumination wire only. I had them BOTH hooked up, originally...That was the culprit. I'll eventually take it back out and hook up the dimmer wire, but I think I'll wait til it's a bit warmer out. Scott
  17. C

'02 Explorer in the Shop... 4x4 Issues ?

It had diff fluid, just not the friction modifier... I drove it home and noticed a difference. It still grumbles a bit on left turns, but my mech told me i should subside as I drive it around a little more. The banging seems to have ceased...but we'll see. Hopefully the problem is...
  18. C

I just talked to my mech... He says the bearings are fine, the grumbling sounds coming from the front end are due to diff lubricant not being added to the front differential last time it was serviced ? He said drive it around for a week or so and see if that fixed the problem. Does...
  19. C

OK, I fianally got my '02 Explorer in the shop to address what I thought was wheel bearings. It would grumble while starting out around a corner, either way you turn. It would also have another issue which I believe to be related...When you come off the highway and get into town, there...
  20. C

'02 Explorer in the Shop...

OK, I fianally got my '02 Explorer in the shop to address what I thought was wheel bearings. It would grumble while starting out around a corner, either way you turn. It would also have another issue which I believe to be related...When you come off the highway and get into town, there...
  21. C

Cargo Shade Question ?

Saw it on CraigsList and snapped it up before someone else saw it... was a 45 min drive, but worth it.
  22. C

Cargo Shade Question ?

Went and picked it up a little bit ago...Fits fine, like brand new. $10 ! SCORE !
  23. C

Cargo Shade Question ?

Hi all ! Just a quick question... Is the cargo shade the same for a 3rd row seating 2002 Explorer as a Non-3rd row seating Explorer ? I found one online that I'm about to go pick up, just wanna make sure. Thanks ! Scott
  24. C

Dash Lights Went Out...

I got it figured out... Appears the #16 fuse under the hood was burned out. Strange, I took them all out and checked them and they were fine. Maybe I missed one. Everything's ducky now ! Thanks ! Scott
  25. C

Dash Lights Went Out...

I also noticed...No tail lights, either...or parking lights. Brake lights, headlights, high-beams, turn signals, and hazzards all work though...I can't seem to find what fuse is for tail lights/parking lights ? Anyone know ? Thanks ! Scott
Back