Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Axle CV-shaft Repair advice needed

Yesterday i noticed a strange noise when pulling out of my driveway. i looked under the x-po this morning and noticed oil/grease was leaking from somewhere, took her home jacked her up and pulled the wheel and noticed the cv boot is torn and leaking on the front drivers side. It's the inner boot...
  2. M

Ac Has Mind Of It's Own

My AC blower will change from the floor to the vents to the defrost all on it's own . anyone have an idea as to the cause and how to fix it?
  3. M

99x 5.0 died & won't start

yeah thanks... firestone found a fuse blown in the power module under rthe hood replaced and it blew again. firestone won't touch it ford dealer neither cause it has nos. thats crap.
  4. M

99x 5.0 died & won't start

the ol'lady took my 99 5.0 AWD in for an oil change, they topped up the fuilds and told her the air filter was dirty. she drove off and it acted up "would go when she pushed that thingy or whatever" as she pulled out. she said it was acting like it wanted to turn off so she stopped and went...
  5. M

best air intake

opinions on the best cold air intake for 99 x 5.0 .. needs mas air meter too..
  6. M

Pics of X stuck in a swedish mudhole

ha ha yeah right, wheel bearings are sealed! for my x they cost $371 per side, went at 50k miles.. SEALED to keep the dirty crap inside.... SEALED so you can service them... Looks to like the X in the pic is a 4x2.. my AWD would have made it!!
  7. M

99 5.0 lacks power

i put some injector cleaner it but haven't ran it all out, about 150 miles. getting about 12-15mpg running 93 since it started acting up.
  8. M

99 5.0 lacks power

well at first you could hear the lean condition (ping) and it had a miss. Then after 1000miles or so the power loss was more noticeable. seems like the computer is pulling timing to compesate for the lack of fuel. i wouldn't think that the fuel system is clogged since it's a closed system (only...
  9. M

99 5.0 lacks power

hmm tried that..
  10. M

99 5.0 lacks power

lean shows o2 reading lean both banks last i checked
  11. M

99 5.0 lacks power

well i went through deep mud. she lacks power above 3500rpm, and check engine light. cleaned mas-air, t-body, air filter, new plugs, injector cleaner. Whats next? egr? i wouldn't think the fuel filter is dirty as new fuel injected models have filters designed for the life of the truck.
  12. M

My 347 is dissappointing.What gives?

don't beleave the hype. Keep your stock gt-40 style intake, they flow fine, i would recommend porting it. (i run the x intake on my mustang w/windsor Jr heads/x-cam=12.1@110mph). upgrade mas air/t-body/inlet elbow and open up your exhust. get custom long tube headers (if your not running the...
  13. M

5.0 headers

fit 96x 5.0 headers on 99x do fms come factory 96 5.0 explorers? how do i fit them on a 99 explorer, since the plug location is different? Is it worth it to install them? how much is a set of stainless worth? thanks,
  14. M

stop drinking!! muddy water

How do you keep muddy water from getting in your intake? my X took a big drink and it reached the Tbody and possible all the way though the motor. i tried clean the mass air but it's still leaning out above 4k. i am considering buying an aftermarket mass-air meter (larger) are any of the kit...
  15. M

advice on lift options

its sounds like clowns X rubs alot. I need to be able to perform good offroad. driving slow over hills or bumps like i do now is acceptable, but i don't want to hear my fenders rub every time i hit a bump.
  16. M

advice on lift options

99 AWD 5.0 eddie bauer what all do i need to put my X on 35" tires? i need it be a functional offroad weekend warrior. I'm out gettin it dirty every weekend now. 4:56 gears any lift kits avalible? body mods? it's muddy ass hell in sargent texas this time of year
  17. M

has anyone done a head swap?

i've got a set of windsor jr's i'm thinking about swapping with the gt-40ps, what can i do for headers i know the exhust manifolds won't fit these new heads.
  18. M

99 X headers

what headers are you guys running on 99 explorers w/5.0? its time for E cam and cobra rockers off my stang..
  19. M

99 5.0 awd eddie needs help

Drove through an lot of mud last week tropical storm came through and a buddy got his 4x4 tocoma stuck.. and way now my drivers side door acts like its open. where is the freaking door pin? a lso any recommendations on cleaning the mas air sensor? it ended up with mud on the filiment...
Back