Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Sputter/Stutter and Loss of Power

its in the fuel tank and relieves back to the fuel tank as part of the fuel pump assy. you only have one fuel line to the injector rail. the most common fault is the gaskets on the plenum chamber going hard and allowing extra unmetered air into the mix.
  2. R

spark plug gap

Hi buddy, The chilton manuals/Haymes manuals etc almost always alow for an element of wear on the engine internals, post bedding in etc so sometimes their Gap settings are averaged to get the best performance out of an engine that already has miles on it. If you go to Rockauto and find your...
  3. R

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

nice.....:D
  4. R

Newport Breakers Yard

hiya. Chris Quelch breaks explorers and posts on here. he's your man for bits... cracking bloke too.... chrisquelch is his log in.
  5. R

Front axle wind up

your running with 4 wheel drive engaged. most likely high range. if not engaged then the front drive shafts are free running.
  6. R

Ford Fair Silverstone 11th August 2013

Hi all, Unfortunately it looks like we won't be able to go again this year... The Ex is all fixed, but my health ain't what it used to be at the moment, so a long journey for me is a no go. I was thinking was maybe an offroad meet later if my health improves? Take tons of pics and post...
  7. R

1998 Ford Explorer For sale..... soon

Have you tried SureTerm insrance, cheap as chips. cost me under £300 fully comp...
  8. R

uk lifting shackles

kev p used to do 2" shackles on here, they are pukka....
  9. R

stuttering when gased

I had the same problem. It was the exhaust gas differential pressure switch on mine. Little black box on the drivers side of the engine with two tubes that connect to the exhaust feed to the EGR. The sensor was giving the wrong signals to the EGR vacuum control valve and the EGR wasn't...
  10. R

Ford Fair Sliverstone 12th August

junction 15a on the M1. The turning off the M1 onto the A43 to silverstone. Jan, I'll try and get there for 7'ish.
  11. R

Hi Guys, For the last couple of years we've met up at the northbound services at junction 15A on the M1 and driven in from there. I think we got on the stand at about 10am last time due to the heavy volume of traffic. We had a quick bite to eat at the services and then went after that...
  12. R

Cool...!!! Thanks Howard. Looking forward to seeing all you guys next week. Roger
  13. R

got my tickets on Saturday too, thanks Howard. Hey Howard, just a quicky, did you order my two sprint runs for me? Thanks. Roger
  14. R

Hi Howard, Monies sent, just so i don't forget.... Cheers. Roger and Lek.
  15. R

Hey Howard, Put me down fopr a couple of sprint runs too will you. I'm gonna try and GET to 60mph this year...lol
  16. R

Hi Howard, Put me and the wife down too please. Thanks. Roger and Lek.
  17. R

Anyone into scenario?

Sorry to butt in here guys..... But what's the difference between Paintball and Airsoft? I thought they were the same thing, Uk and American terms for firing paintballs... :scratch:
  18. R

pictures of my explorer

Had to show you mine...
  19. R

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Awsome ex's guys...
  20. R

Insurance

Sure term insurance, Got fully comp for 250 quid. Give them a try...
  21. R

the only mercury mountaineer?

Certainly the only one that I've seen this side of the pond...!!! Tempted Steve...? ;)
  22. R

Many many thanks to regorsmith (fuse 10)

Anytime Gary. Just a shame we couldn't find the damaged wire. I think it has to be rubbed through somewhere, but where? Keep on looking and you will find it. Probably in the connector by the drivers footwell? Looked very iffy... Just a shame we ran out of daylight. I'll look into the...
  23. R

Hiya, newbie here

Welcome to the forum. We have a wealth of advice and experience available and we'll help with whatever we can. Good to have you aboard...!!!
  24. R

Where's Justin Woodham - need his help?

HI Peddler, I'm in Great Yarmouth. PM me with your electrical problems and i may be able to help you out a bit. Roger.
  25. R

Where's Justin Woodham - need his help?

I had a similar experience with Justin. Spent over a grand with him, great engine job and a few spares, then i asked for a tow hitch and side steps. He took the money for the tow bar, via paypal, and promised that it would be sent the next day. Still no word on the side steps. Then nothing...
Back